FM's Robocop TPB!

Dangerous

Avenger
Reaction score
Who's picked this up? The graphic novel of Miller's original Robocop 2 script.
I Just finished reading the thing, and it was the hella good.

I guess I can see why the producers said FM’s script was un-filmable. Despite the first films greatness, it was put together on quite a tight budget and I guess the kind of money needed to realise Miller's grand vision would have been way above what the studio dudes had in mind.

It’s a shame because they were obviously looking at Robo2 as part of a franchise, something to make money from instead of looking to make a truly great follow up. As it stands I rate Robo2 the film as 8/10- purely because I love the character and it still has the violence and black comedy of the first film. Comparing the sequel to FM Robocop however, I’d give the film 5/10 and the graphic novel 10/10. It’s as good as the first film only that was an origin story, and this is about what happens next.

Origin story’s always have a particularly significant resonance w/ the audience to whom they connect, and that type of resonance can’t ever really be recaptured in a sequel. As such, I view FM Robocop as being just as good in it‘s own way. More action, the funny parts are even sharper and we finally get to see Murphy fully reclaim his own mind when his PD’s are wiped.

That was ****ing cool, how at the end he just went back to being a cop, Kong was badass too, better than Cain. I expect I shall re-read this a few times over the next month. Now I just gotta locate a copy of the hardcover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"