Hawley's Doctor Doom Film

Yeah, I chuckle whenever I see someone try to criticize the show for daring to inject a unique sensibility into a comic book work.:funny:

Yeah, this guy is just a great creator in general. Legion is like a 180 turn from Fargo but each show has its own unique singular focus. Every season of Fargo feels much different from each other. I'm currently reading Before the Fall which is an amazing novel. :up: Extremely smart and creative people can pretty much adapt to anything.

I hope Marvel can keep him in the fold after the merger (along with Tim Miller and Drew Goddard). I get chills imagining what he could contribute to an X-Men film franchise. I feel if he and Feige can find a way to work together it would be magic.

Instead of Hawley directing a Doctor Doom film how would you all feel about him doing an FF film instead?

If he wanted to do it I'd be happy. I'd love it if he were part of the MCU in any capacity. :up:

Instead of Hawley directing a Doctor Doom film how would you all feel about him doing an FF film instead?

You couldn't ask for a better guy for the job, especially in having the family venture the weird and unknown whether that's on Earth or off-world.

4346712_web.jpg

10 minutes away from where I was born

Oh how beautiful! That looks incredible!

If he wanted to do it I'd be happy. I'd love it if he were part of the MCU in any capacity. :up:

If Marvel hired him in any capacity, I'd look forward to what was coming. If Fox hires him in any capacity, I'm not interested.

Marvel has earned my trust. Fox has made a fool of me every time I've trusted them, so I have zero faith in Fox and zero interest in seeing them make any films based on any FF characters.

If Stephen Spielberg announced he was developing an FF film with Fox, I'd say "no thanks".

If Marvel hired him in any capacity, I'd look forward to what was coming. If Fox hires him in any capacity, I'm not interested.

Marvel has earned my trust. Fox has made a fool of me every time I've trusted them, so I have zero faith in Fox and zero interest in seeing them make any films based on any FF characters.

If Stephen Spielberg announced he was developing an FF film with Fox, I'd say "no thanks".

What if Marvel hired Josh Trank, Miles Teller, Jamie Bell, Kate Mara and MBJ to star in their version of Fant4stic?

I can't lie, if Spielberg was hired by FOX to do it, I would instantly be behind it, LOL! But, he is about the only one.

Come to think of it, yeah, Spielberg is basically the only film-maker Fox could hire that wouldn’t fill me with dread simply because he (ostensibly) has enough clout to where they wouldn’t Fox up his movie. They never will, or even get anywhere close, as they’ve always wanted to hire cheap to maximize profit potential.

Come to think of it, yeah, Spielberg is basically the only film-maker Fox could hire that wouldn’t fill me with dread simply because he (ostensibly) has enough clout to where they wouldn’t Fox up his movie. They never will, or even get anywhere close, as they’ve always wanted to hire cheap to maximize profit potential.

Agreed, plus Spielberg's filmography is basically all movies that were at least good, outside like 3 or 4 films I can think of. But, those are vastly outnumbered by the number of good to great films. Like, drastically.

But this is a moot point because it will never happen, LOL

James Cameron.

I saw his ideas for Spider-Man. No thanks :o

Though yes, he is a great filmmaker. Plus, he is busy making fifty sequels to my least favorite film of his (not named Piranha 2, lol)

I saw his ideas for Spider-Man. No thanks :o

Though yes, he is a great filmmaker. Plus, he is busy making fifty sequels to my least favorite film of his (not named Piranha 2, lol)

I'm just saying, if he did it one wouldn't have to worry about any studio interference. The very fact that he was able to get Fox to bankroll his vanity project of the Avatar sequels is evidence of that.

I'm just saying, if he did it one wouldn't have to worry about any studio interference. The very fact that he was able to get Fox to bankroll his vanity project of the Avatar sequels is evidence of that.

Yeah they,d leave him alone but...did you see his Spider-Man ideas? LOL

Yeah, webbing that was an allegory for ...something else. 90s was a crazy era.

As long as we're talking about things that will never happen...

David Fincher directing a Dr. Doom film for Marvel. THAT would be interesting.

I’ve no reason to doubt Noah.

Wouldn’t it be fun if they started the movie with everyone thinking latveria is an ally. Like they’re all like “oh hey we don’t talk about what’s going on because we’re trying to build connections there” and then suddenly doom does something mental and everyone’s like “oh no”

It’s a great way to do secret war too although they wouldn’t be able to use quake unfortunately

Gulliermo Del Toro would be a good choice to helm FF. He’s done the original Hellboy films as well as Blade 2. He has a great affinity for monsters(the creature designs for Pans Labyrinth, Hellboy is fantastic so just imagine him doing a film with Moleman as the villain). He’s also showcased insurmountable imagination - Del Toro films almost always feel wonderfully weird and exotic which is something I think any worthy adaptation of FF needs to have. An ideal FF film needs to be every bit as imaginative, creative, and grand as the comics and I think Del Toro could pull that off in spades.

A FF film needs to be strange in a good way. Heartfelt without being overbearingly sentimental; humorous without being obnoxiously goofy. Del Toro is my pick.

Last edited:
This is the best outcome. Leave Doom to the professionals.
Noah Hawley isn't a professional? He took an obscure xmen character and turned him into one of the best tv shows TV has to offer currently. Giving him Dr.Doom is a freaking god send and Noah making it a political thriller makes my mouth water like crazy. This movie has the potential to be on par with any of the Mcu films probably even better than a few of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"