Freshman

Colossal Spoons

Paper boi
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying all 3 issues of Freshman next week. I was wondering if anybody else read it and if it was any good? I'm really liking Top Cow's stuff now; I read Hunter Killer and Necromancer.

I've been collecting it. It's pretty good. Funny, interesting characters. I'd recommend it.

I didn't care for it, personally, but you might

I thought it was very similar to another series that premiered around the same time called The Intimates (but I didn't care for that, either). But if you like one, you may like them both

Is it basically about kids that are new to their powers? Or are they freshman in school also?

Freshmen in Collage. Big science explosion, they get powers, but, the powers corrispond to what they were thinking about at the time of the explosion. While one chick can jump into other peoples bodies (cool power), because she was thinking about getting into other peoples heads, another dude got the ability to make other people really drunk with his burps if he's extreemly wasted. (Lame but effective)

Hehe, that sounds interesting. I'll get the first three at once and see how they are.

where's pickles been lately, colossal?

My g/f lol. She said she hasn't been posting much. We're hard at work trying to aquire that Runaways TPB, along with some of those others you recommended. Fables was kinda hard for her to jump into cuz it's on issue 31.

trades, my friend. get the trades

Anubis said:
Who the hell is pickles?

Lol me. I think this Freshman series sounds interesting......I'll definitely check it out.

UPDATE: I bought the first 3 issues yesterday......thought it was a decent series that has potential. It was amusing at least lol, and kept me interested.

Issue Four and a yearbook issue comes out Wednesday.

Anubis said:
Issue Four and a yearbook issue comes out Wednesday.

Awesome! I didn't know that, I was wondering when issue 4 would be out. :)

Did anyone else get the 4th issue? There were some cool scenes, but overall I was a bit disappointed. Still interested to see where things are headed though.

I liked it. The main thing I dislike abou this (And hunter/Killer) is the wait. The smart thing to do is to wait and buy these 3 or 4 issues at a time. if you can. Or just ge the trades.

But I like where Freshmen is going.

Heh, Hunter Killer. I always have to reread the last issue from cover to cover before reading the new one.

Thats Ellis' stuff right? Man, that guy can't get a book out on time to save his life. Been waiting on Planetary #25 scince by testicals dropped.

Anubis said:
Thats Ellis' stuff right? Man, that guy can't get a book out on time to save his life. Been waiting on Planetary #25 scince by testicals dropped.
Hunter/Killer is by Mark Waid and Marc Silvestri. They keep solicting issue #7 or #8, yet #5 is not on the racks yet.

Oh, and I buy FRESHMEN, and enjoy it.

I got issue four Monday, and I thought it was tight. Loved how the Bever, that Push/Pull dude, and the intoxicator got smoked out. Got me all nostalgic. Back when I didn't have to deal with random drug tests. :( **sigh**, to be young again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"