Fuse

ALright here it is the unveiling of

• Insomniac Teases Fuse

News
    on Sep 05, 2012 at 04:32 PM

Last week at PAX, Insomniac Games president Ted Price revealed Fuse, a reworking of its previously announced co-op game Overstrike. Today, Insomniac released the first of many planned teasers for the game.
    ... More
source: GI

Still looks like they kept the character models similar.(with on exception.) But we still need more. I really hope they kept the humor. and there's still the OS of overstrike still in this game. so the it's be used in the game as something else.

Last edited:
I know its just the portraits but it looks like they're moving away from the cartoony aesthetic. :(

That's why I said I hope they still kept the humor. It's still possible to make those faces look a bit goofy though.

The character design feels like a major step back. Not liking it at all.

Well more still needs to be seen another trailer of the characters, and how they'll act and actual "gameplay." And I had more then one reason i was interested in this. co-op is one of those reasons.

I do wish they had kept the original design too. But they didn't. This kinda reminds me of what happened to Sony's dropped MMO title the Agency they had the same fun look as over strike at first and some Sony head made them change it. This hasn't been changed as drastically as the latter . But It feels like that happening all over again.

The characters alone just look like less fun already. Doesn't make me feel hopeful about the tone of the game. Without the fun aspect, the game won't interest me, co-op or not. Then I'll just stick to Borderlands.

well that's not enough to say they sucked all of the fun they planned for it out. They didn't really show us anything yet. So i'll wait for a bit more.

What is it with fun being forbidden these days, anyway? First DC comics, now this.

You didn't see what happened with the agency did ya? it wasn't just those of what you mentioned. There's thread on here same thing look wise happened. But i don't think this is as drastic as what happened to that one. At least their still being called "Overstrike agents" from what that video from GI showed. So if they kept that, I hopeing other elements of the original concept are still there too.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to judge the fun factor of the game based on character facial designs. If the feel of that original trailer is present in the final gameplay, in any shape or form, then I'll be perfectly happy.

well that's not enough to say they sucked all of the fun they planned for it out. They didn't really show us anything yet. So i'll wait for a bit more.

Did I say they did? I said it doesn't make me hopeful.

Well, my interest in the game sank a bit. I am saddened by the genericness of these new designs. But I'll wait for some gameplay footage before I judge Fuse (ugh).

Did I say they did? I said it doesn't make me hopeful.
Ok back work . Now to clear this up. I wasn't implying that about you. I was just speaking for my self and afrom what I saw in general like the g I site most people are already choosin to drop this thing all I was really saying is as I said the time before that is I'll wait .

Game Site Countdown Backfires Over “Legal Rights Issue”

Game site countdowns are annoying as hell. So perhaps it's karma that the one planned for Fuse, the latest game from Insomniac and EA, has backfired, with a "last-minute legal rights issue" preventing it from actually ticking over to a new trailer.

Instead, there's just...an apology. You can read a full statement from Insomniac boss Ted Price on the game's website.

Seeing as the game is a sci-fi work of fiction, my guess would be the hold-up has something to do with the soundtrack. Dubstep artists have copyright...rights too, you know.

Source

Meet the new, familiar faces of Fuse's Overstrike 9 team

(19 minutes ago)

Insomniac's Overstrike team-based shooter has turned into a game called Fuse, due out in the first quarter of next year on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. And the four characters in the game's co-op team are in many ways the same four that we saw in last year's trailer, but they've changed a lot as well. The names might be the same, but the looks (in some cases) are different, and the weapons, now powered by the alien element "fuse," have seen changes.

So here's your guide to the four co-op characters in Fuse, that make up the "Overstrike 9" team, dedicated to fighting the villanious Raven force around the world. Players will be able to play any of these characters in online co-op, and Insomniac has also created a function called "Leap" that will allow any player to jump, at the press of a button, into any character not already being controlled (so a solo player can jump into any character, two players can jump into either free character, and so on). And all of these characters not only earn experience upgrades as they play, but they also build up fuse power into a "fusion mode" (activated by anyone on the team) that then rewards unlimited ammo and extra functionality in their fusion weapons. Finally, in addition to each character-specific fuse weapon, each character also gets two conventional weapons to wield (one heavy and light, per character), and grenades to throw as well.

Read on to hear where these four characters come from, and what you'll find their strengths and weaknesses are as you play through Fuse.
Continue Reading

there's also more on this here

Ted Price on how Insomniac's Overstrike became Fuse (11 minutes ago)

Last year at E3, Insomniac revealed a brand new IP called Overstrike, complete with a slickly animated trailer featuring four elite spy types using futuristic weapons to take down a robotic bad guy. After that, we didn't hear much about the game at all, save for a few recent rumors that Insomniac was rebranding it as a game called Fuse. It turns out the rumors are indeed true: Insomniac's Fuse is what Overstrike has turned into, and it's a third-person co-op cross-platform shooter that's coming to the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 in March 2013.

Joystiq got to play a short demo of the game at Insomniac's Burbank, CA studio last week, and we also talked with president and CEO Ted Price about what's different about the new game, why the change was made, and what it's like developing for Insomniac's first non-Sony console game ever.

Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

Last edited:
Most of it seems intact except for the few minor changes (which are fine)and more importantly "Humore " which we still need to see , if it's there in any form or not. If it's not, oh well it'll loose a few people. I'll still check to see if I like it still or not. We need a game play through or at least a better trailer then that recent one we were given.

Last edited:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/12/why-did-overstrike-become-fuse'

This did not fill me with hope.

Looks like they're taking it in the dark and grittier direction that I was worried about... Alas Overstrike we hardly knew ye. *Sigh*

With Fuse’s more photo-realistic visuals and altered story came new weapon forms and amplified violence. Enemies melt, explode into chunks, spray blood when they’re cut, and wobble their backward heads after unsettling neck-break animations. “Me, personally? I love this s—t,” says Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games. With Overstrike, “we couldn’t unleash.”
They’re the grown-up version of a ragtag motley crew, each with disturbing (not just dark) pasts. Jacob Kimble, for instance, is a former LAPD cop – “former” because his black-and-white brand of justice once involved locking a child-killer in the trunk of a car and burning him alive.
seinfeld-George-Costanza-im-out-of-here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-345.gif

GT's planning to show Fuse tomorrow.

GT.TV

GTTV Fuse Promo

This Thursday night, Insomniac shows off the first gameplay anywhere of its anticipated new title, Fuse.

Edit: I hope more games do 4-player co-op campaigns. Love that stuff.

Thanks, just read it in a different article (edited before your post). Looking forward to this and Borderlands 2. Loved 4 player campaign on Gears 3 and glad to have the chance to do it again on more games.

Hey guys, if you have any questions regarding Fuse, please feel free to ask. Insomniac Games and EA flew me out to the studio last week, Tuesday September 4th, to check this game out.

When Ted Price was giving us his presentation, I too felt the same remorse you all are currently dealing with. I was so excited to see Overstrike. For the past year I've been tapping into my imagination. Pondering what Overstrike had to offer the industry. As many called it, I was expecting an "Incredibles meets Team Fortress" type game.

Unfortunately, when the Fuse demo was fired up...I was greeted by strangers. It was nothing how I imagined it. The game is going for an M-rating and the humor seen in the Blur trailer was almost non-existent. *That's not to say there isn't humor it's just not as apparent as it was in the trailer.*

That being said, I was definitely disappointed with the game. But I remained optimistic. As a gamer, you learn to not write things off quickly. And I'm glad to hear some of you are doing just that. I decided to wait until I got to play the game before giving my final judgement call. It's one thing to watch a game being played but a completely different beast when at the helm of the controls.

That being said, I commend Insomniac for the tonal shift. It's exactly what the game needed. I honestly feel the original conception of Overstrike would not have provided this much fun. It really is a no-holds-barred type game play that is just sadistically satisfying.

It's seriously probably one of the best cooperative experiences I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I'm not a big fan of co-op. My play style is more of the lone wolf type player. So for me to say I'm intrigued by this game, I feel that says something.

Alright, enough about me...I want to hear from you guys.

If you have any questions/comments please post them and I'll be sure to get back to you. I hope you guys are excited for this game! It's definitely shaping up to be something quite superb.

What is Fuse? This is the first Im hearing of this thing. Overstrike got cancelled internally and Fuse is taking its place? Fuse is merely a name change? Whats the deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"