Get your Twinkies while you can!

Anita18

DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
Reaction score
Hostess is going out of business. They're planning to liquidate all assets to be sold. There's some arguments over whether the unions are doing the right thing by striking instead of going back to work with concessions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2012/11/15/striking-workers-defy-hostess/1708127/

We were not allowed to eat Twinkies or Ding Dongs or anything from Hostess or Little Debbie when we were kids. I actually think they're kind of disgusting. :o So I won't miss them much.

But no doubt they were iconic. Now will the grandkids understand what is so funny about Wall-E's pet cockroach living in a Twinkie? :lmao: :csad:

I'm sure someone will pick up their products even if they go under.

Good goddamn riddance. A company that makes nothing but unhealthy garbage (even their bread is crap) shutting down in the fattest G7 country is good news. Unions suck, but the company would be in trouble even without its union.

Sh** the world is ending. To think twinkies could survive a nuclear attack...

Tallahassee must be taking it hard.

dXigG.jpg

but now kids won't get that scene in ghostbusters, what about the big twinkie? WHAT ABOUT THE BIG TWINKIE?!?!?!?!

Truly a sign of the end times. :o

but now kids won't get that scene in ghostbusters, what about the big twinkie? WHAT ABOUT THE BIG TWINKIE?!?!?!?!

There's already too much to explain to kids about Ghostbusters anyway:

- Why don't the just use their cellphones?
- What is that strange brown box-like bag that Dana carries her groceries in?
- What's "Parcheesi"?
- Why do the computer monitors only show black and green?

Good goddamn riddance. A company that makes nothing but unhealthy garbage (even their bread is crap) shutting down in the fattest G7 country is good news. Unions suck, but the company would be in trouble even without its union.

Indeed, now all those people with guns to their heads forced to eat twinkies can finally live in peace. A great day in America when 20,000 people lose their job sacrificing themselves for the health of a nation. Heroes.

there's always that company that makes those knockoff twinkies and dingdongs and hoho's...

they're not as good as the real Hostess stuffs, and they actually taste like crap, but if you don't give a shoot, then just wash 'em down with some milk and they'll go down just as easy as the real deal...

No more twinkies? It's the end of all things.

But...but...how will I ever be able to make my strawberry shortcake Twinkies? This is a crisis of immense proportions!!!!

This was a direct attack on you.

God damn it...I thought that was the case :o I guess I need to start preparing for the Twinkiepocalypse and hoard them all in the cellar now. :csad: This is a massive conspiracy to prevent me from making tasty treats with Twinkies.

So, I guess having a strike wasn't a good idea since you know, they don't have jobs to go back to, period.

So, I guess having a strike wasn't a good idea since you know, they don't have jobs to go back to, period.

The writing was on the wall really. It seems that from all the analysis Hostess was on its way down anyway and this strike became the perfect scapegoat to do this. Of the 18,500 people losing their jobs, 5,000 of them were members of the baker's union, which is the one in question here. You're telling me they couldn't replace 5,000 "bakers"?

The writing was on the wall really. It seems that from all the analysis Hostess was on its way down anyway and this strike became the perfect scapegoat to do this. Of the 18,500 people losing their jobs, 5,000 of them were members of the baker's union, which is the one in question here. You're telling me they couldn't replace 5,000 "bakers"?

Maybe not enough to meet Hostess standards...

They haven't tasted right in years, might be because of the decline in shelf life.

I would like a Hostess cupcake right now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"