Ghost Rider Movie Trivia

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
Marvel Movies started talking about this in the "How scarry do you think this will be?" thread (http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190633) and I think it deserves it's own thread, so I made one... obviously

Ghost Rider Trivia
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/trivia

Quote:
Jon Voight was attached to the project at one point but dropped out.

'Nicholas Cage' had to have his Ghost Rider tattoo covered with make-up in order to play Johnny Blaze (Ghost Rider)

A large group of on-lookers converged on a bridge in Melbourne to watch scenes being filmed in a nearby location. Over the four days of filming at this location, the crowds grew so large that traffic was often disrupted and public transport operators reported an unusual jump in passenger traffic to the area.

Some scenes were filmed near Flinders St Station, the busiest railway station in Melbourne. Parts of the station were closed for filming, as well as minor alterations to train services being made.

I still love the Nic's Ghost Rider tattoo one. That's really cool.:up:

Given the age of the gun, do you think maybe he gets it from Old West GR?

:huh:

Yeah, I think that's a safe bet. Makes sense to me anyway.

It is a shotgun that turns into a "hell" gun right? Wicked that.

Question though ... is the old west GR the caretaker? I am wondering if that is why the one scene in the trailer shows Nic in the Cemetary saying "Let's Ride?" and then starting the bike and transforming?

So in another post they indicated that there was a Phantom Rider from the Texas clip ... but what if it is the Caretaker and when he tells Nic/JB that the man who sells his soul for love has the power to change the world ... is he speaking from experience?

I love that scene and grabbed it as a simple wallpaper ...

Very cool.

Well actually CR the old west GR in the movie is not Phatom Rider, the caretaker is the previous GR, that's all There is a pic of them together, even one or two in the wallpaper section.

thanks for clearing that up! I was trying to figure it out. Amazing the movie is 94/93 days away and I am trying to figure out who each person is and how all the clips go together. The thing about the police captain is a way cool touch.

I love the Lost TV show because they have all these little references to other things, like Stephen King etc. But for GR to have it too?! Geeking out big time!

Here's a trivia update from the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/trivia

# Nicolas Cage wrote sections of the script.

# Was originally planned for a summer 2006 release. However, director Mark Steven Johnson asked for more time to complete more action shots. One of these shots is the scene in which Ghost Rider battles a helicopter.

I didn't know Cage actually wrote stuff for the script. I knew he had a lot of imput but, but actual writing I had no clue.

I'm a sucker for movie trivia so i dig this thread.:woot:

I think somebody posted these in another thread but, I can't seem to find where that was. Regardless, here are some new updates to the thread.

* To create the Ghost Rider's voice, sound designer Don Davis recorded all of Nicolas Cage's lines as the Ghost Rider, and then filtered them through three different kinds of animal growls (played backwards, covering three separate frequencies) and then played them through a mechanical volumizer, before finally giving them a fiery crackle. Director Mark Steven Johnson compared it to "a deep, demonic, mechanical lion's roar" and says that "one thing is for sure, his voice will shake the theatre!"

* Johnny Depp' was interested in playing the title role.

* Nicolas Cage's computer generated skull was made from a three dimensional x-ray taken of his actual skull.

* One of the bridges being used in Melbourne was months away from completion, so the studio paid to have tar, lines, lights etc added to the highway for filming purposes. The work was then ripped up and redone to meet Australian Safety Standards.

* The flame tank chopper Johnny Blaze rides is a modern replica of the "Captain America" chopper that Peter Fonda rides in Easy Rider.

* The Johnny Blaze video game seen in the movie is actually a game called "Crusty Demons" developed by UK games company "Climax". Climax also developed the Ghost Rider video game.

* The Caretaker/Carter Slade Ghost Rider character is a tribute to the original Marvel Comics Ghost Rider (now called The Phantom Rider to avoid confusion). However, the character in the comics is simply a regular human who wears a white costume and rides a white painted horse which both covered with phosphorous for a glowing effect.

* Director Mark Steven Johnson actually put forward his own money so that an action sequence where Ghost Rider battles a helicopter could be made.

* When Johnny and Mack are on the tour bus and Mack is watching TV, the motorcycle rider shown is Travis Pastrana.

Not on IMDB, but apparently Eva Mendes prepped for her role by putting on weight, because according to her it goes to the "fun areas".:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"