• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Giamatti To Play Philip K. Dick!

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=851

Date: August 8, 2006

By: Kellvin Chavez
Source: Variety

According to Variety, Paul Giamatti is in negotiations to star as sci-fi author Philip K. Dick in an untitled biopic that his newly launched shingle Touchy Feely Films is producing with Anonymous Content.

Authorized biopic also is being produced by the Philip K. Dick Estate through its Electric Shepherd Prods.

Tony Grisoni ("Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas") will write the screenplay.

Dick, who died in 1982, penned more than four dozen books and numerous short stories, with at least seven being adapted for the bigscreen, including "Blade Runner," "Total Recall" and "Minority Report." "A Scanner Darkly" is in theaters now.

The nontraditional biopic will interweave the prolific author's life with his fiction and incorporate elements of his last unfinished novel, "The Owl in Daylight."

An android playing K. Dick... I don't think my brain would be able to support such awsomeness.

Anyway, I think it'd be much more fitting if they had C. Kaufman to write the script. K. Dick was a real f*** up.

Giamatti is awesome and this role seems perfect for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"