Good Ad Blocker For Firefox?

kingman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Now before I go on I've already tried using Ad Block for Firefox but it doesn't block all ads

I'm wondering if there is anything else out there that can do the job better and ensure that if not all ads are blocked then most of them are. Something that will automatically block ads without having to select them each and everytime only to refresh the page to have more there waiting.

Are there any free "trusted" programs out there that can help with blocking ads? I don't want something that invades privacy for the sake of missing a few ads

Does anyone have any suggestions about firefox plugins or software that is available to help with this?

Thank You

Like I said previously everytime I block an ad another just shows up in it's place

You need to know about adding filters and such. A quick google search will show you how to add new filters.

That's because a lot of ads are done in Flash these days, rather than straight HTML. Get the FlashBlock extension and use it in conjunction with AdBlock, and make sure you're running the AdBlock Filterset.G extension with it. Poof! No more ads!

jag

I just installed the FlashBlock as well as ensuring that I was running the AdBlock Filterset.G extension with it and thankfully you hit the nail on the head with that one. Definately no more ads showing up

Thanks for the advice it's very much appreciated

I thank you too, jag. Your advice really helped me as well.

Mirko will probably put a hit out me, now. :csad:

jag

Oh no .. I didn't say anything. It was all kingman .:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"