Graphics Card HELP!

imaperson2

Bombastic
Reaction score
hey well, whenever I try and run the game it says that I cannot because it doesnt support Pixel Shader 1.1 or w/e...so I try and download the driver from the NVIDIA site and it says that before i start, i should delete the NVIDIA display drivers...is it safe to do...and if it doesnt install, will it matter if the display driver is gone?
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Pixel shaders are part of the graphics card, your card sounds really old because the ones that are coming out now have 4.0 or 3.0 shader modules on them.

As for uninstalling drivers thats safe to do so, it will go to the basic setting and look REALLY poor on the screen, but installing the drivers back on will fix that (not that i think it will do you much good)

yeah, well I guess it is...and I guess I have to buy a whole new computer too if I wanted to play the game :(

I had the same problem with my old computer - I simply overwrite the driver and it didn't work but after I have uninstalled and install using the new driver, it worked. I.e. if nothing prevails - you must uninstall the driver, reboot the computer, when it prompts for a new graphic adapter driver, use the new one. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"