• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resetting My PC

I-T-B

Superhero
Reaction score
If this isn't the appropriate place for this then...murder me, or something. I'm game. :up:

Anyway, I bought my computer back in 2005, pretty cheap model. Since then, I've put in a DVD drive, a wireless internet card, and a new nvidia graphics card. So anyway, I've got a LOT of crap on it, lots of pictures/videos/programs, most of it unimportant, and the stuff I do need I have backed up to disc anyway. As such, I'm not getting the speed I desire. So rather than just go through and clean it all up myself, I'd like to just system restore back to day one. However, I'm concerned that if I do that, I'll be left with a computer with an internet card and graphics card that it can't read, nor can I install the drivers for because it doesn't recognize the DVD drive either. Is this so, or will they, in fact, be recognized? Is there a way around this? Etc...

Any help would be appreciated more than you could ever know... :O

The OS will probably find the DVD drive no problem, the other two will more than likely require the drivers to be reloaded. Ultimately though, this will not solve your speed problem (long term anyway).

The OS will probably find the DVD drive no problem, the other two will more than likely require the drivers to be reloaded. Ultimately though, this will not solve your speed problem (long term anyway).

Thanks for the response. I know the PC will start to slow down again as I begin to load it up, but it'd still be better than my current situation. Any idea as to whay will speed it up long-term? More RAM, bigger hard-drive? I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to computer hardware...

Ram would be your only long term option, other than a complete upgrade (new CPU).

Ram would be your only long term option, other than a complete upgrade (new CPU).

Aye. New RAM and a system restore it is, then. New CPU sounds.....financially prohibitive. Thanks again. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"