Great Batman v Joker's Graphic Novels.

Hole Shot

Better Than Smurfberries
Reaction score
It's only been the last year or so I began reading comics again after a break of just over decade. This time around I'm not much in collecting but rather just reading the stories, so I'm not really grabbing every monthly issue (except I have been picking up Batman: Confidential).

Besides The Killing Joke (which I have), what are some of the best Batman v Joker stories available in trades or graphic novels that you'd recommend? And I mean stories where Joker serves as the primary villain - I already have plenty of books like Arkham Asylum, TLH, Dark Victory and Hush. I also have the entire Cataclysm arc on my laptop.

-A Death in the family
-Strange Apparitions [Contains several stories, but it contains the classic Laughing Fish two parter]
-The man who laughs

-A Death in the family
-Strange Apparitions [Contains several stories, but it contains the classic Laughing Fish two parter]
-The man who laughs

Should have thought about A Death In the Family. I'll check Strange Apparitions. The Man Who Laughs is like $150 on Amazon.

Should have thought about A Death In the Family. I'll check Strange Apparitions. The Man Who Laughs is like $150 on Amazon.

$150 :wow:

Christ, that's almost as insane as Joker himself. I knew it was rare, but damn. You'd think with Joker being in the new Batman movie they'd make more printings of it.

If you don't mind older stories of the Joker, then there's always The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told. I'm not into his sixties incarnations, though. But it also has The Laughing Fish and The Joker's Five-Way-Revenge. Other than that, all I know of, other than the ones you own, are just stories with him making a cameo here and there.

The Greatest Joker Stories ever told is a good read (yes, mostly its 60s stuff, but its got his first appearance in Batman #1 in there, so its worth getting it for that). If you can, get the "Stacked Deck" version of the same book, its a very classy deluxe hardcover version with i think about 5 more stories than its softcover alternative.

The Man Who Laughs trade is going to be rereleased at the start of next year, so you might want to wait before forking out 150 bucks :D
Somebody on these forums put the digital version up online before, he may do so again...

also, theres another thread on the same topic (Joker stories) which you should check out
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=281586

Was able to read a scan of The Man Who Laughs (I still intend to buy). I was honestly a little underwhelmed, I get that's it is an updated version of Batman but for something was so sought after I was little let down. Maybe because it was so short. I dunno.

Was able to read a scan of The Man Who Laughs (I still intend to buy). I was honestly a little underwhelmed, I get that's it is an updated version of Batman but for something was so sought after I was little let down. Maybe because it was so short. I dunno.

Underwhelmed? I thought it was great when I first read it. One of my favorite Batman stories.

Underwhelmed? I thought it was great when I first read it. One of my favorite Batman stories.

I had built my expectations extremely though and was expecting more.

I got "The Man Who Laughs" at a memorabilia fair in Glasgow for like £4. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"