Batman NON-Graphic Novels?

Frontier

Arkham Asylum Inmate
Reaction score
I doubt many such things exist, but I am curious -- does anyone know of any non-graphic Batman novels? IE, Batman novels lacking the graphics. LOL.

I'm enjoying the comics now, just finally got into them, but I've always been a fan of reading-reading; visualization and such. So far I've only seen a smattering of such, and most of them where novelizations of other sources - the Animated series, and a few of the more expansive comics. Such as the novelization of the "Knightfall" saga. Which I would rather read the comic of.

I did find one adaptation that I've enjoyed reading so far. Novelization of a game they made, a game I own but never played because... mechanics wise, it sucks. Anyway, it's a novelization of "Rise of Sin Tzu" and it's pretty good. Nothing fancy, not high-end literature or some such, but it's enjoyable, and it's also an adaptation of the animated series (later years) so it's fun to have a "new" story for those settings and characters after all these years.

Wondered, though, if there are any pure novels of Batman, though?

You mean Paperback novels, right?

Besides the movie adaption novels I've seen a few.

There's "No Man's Land", "Fear itself", "Dead White", "Inferno" and that's all I've seen.

Take it I seen these months back in a 2nd hand book store and didn't read any of them so I don't know their quality but they do exist. Try Amazon.

I bought Dead White and Fear Itself from Amazon last year and both were decent adult reads. Be careful with Dead White though. Has anyone else read this book? I'm amazed at the amount of racist language that turned up in it. Now don't get me wrong I know the villains were white supremists so it was realistic language they'd use, but you don't expect that kind of thing in a Batman book. I'm surprised the WB allowed what is essentially a family character to be associated too strongly with that kind of stuff. The N word appears several times and there's Nazi Concerntration Camp imagery used near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"