Greeks resort to bartering/alt currency.

But unethical business practices, things like worker exploitation and environmental pollution and producing a low quality product, are the easiest and most common means for a company to lower it's prices.

Sure. But they, like I said, they would have to answer to the competition. If you do business that harms the environment beyond reasonable expectations, who would want to insure you? If you exploit your workers, they could leave and work elsewhere where they are not exploited.

Courts can be replaced with third party arbiters. If you go against your contract with someone else, it could be detrimental to a "contract score", similar to a "credit score". Your business reputation would be important to you.

I am confused, I asked about replacing taxes, not the court system.

Asking this question is a lot like asking, "But if we freed the slaved, who would pick the cotton?". In a free market, there would be people that would set up solutions. The most efficient would win out.

Or the cheapest for the consumer. There's the big flaw.

Sure. But they, like I said, they would have to answer to the competition. If you do business that harms the environment beyond reasonable expectations, who would want to insure you? If you exploit your workers, they could leave and work elsewhere where they are not exploited.

But what if everyone is exploiting their workers to keep costs down?

But what if everyone is exploiting their workers to keep costs down?

Then, in that particular industry, a new competitor would emerge, that can show that they do not involve themselves with those bad business practices. This is the age of the Internet. If something bad happens, it's out there in an instant. People will walk that line if they know they are being watched and you can't buy off the watchers.

If companies that do harm the the environment/workers/consumers, they risk losing their business because of it. Capital can easily flow from one group to another without a second thought. When was the last time you used Myspace, or a VCR, etc. Innovation doesn't happen when it is regulated out of existence.

I am confused, I asked about replacing taxes, not the court system.

Or the cheapest for the consumer. There's the big flaw.

Third Party Private Arbiters would be one component in a Free Voluntary society. They would receive revenue just like any other business, through voluntary measures. I.e, selling their services. Sure, some companies would sell cheaper goods, but sometime I want cheaper, not the best. That's why there are Fords and Bentleys.

Third Party Private Arbiters would be one component in a Free Voluntary society. They would receive revenue just like any other business, through voluntary measures. I.e, selling their services. Sure, some companies would sell cheaper goods, but sometime I want cheaper, not the best. That's why there are Fords and Bentleys.

If there are third party private arbiters instead of courts, how would there be reliable legal standards? And how would they deal with violent crimes?

I started a thread called "Voluntaryism". This is to get this thread back on topic. I will answer that question in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"