Green Lantern Corps: The Adventures (animated series)

batlovescatDC

Tragic Love
Reaction score
So, we all know that there's been talk of a Green Lantern Corps animated series happening, which I personally think is a wonderful idea. I know that there's a thread regarding this in the spoilers thread but it's practically dead. What I wanna know is if you would like to see a Green Lantern animated series, and who you would like it done by if it there is to be one... Bruce Timm & Co. or someone else?

EDIT: It's official.... "GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES" will begin airing after the live-action GREEN LANTERN gets released. The first episode is expected to air in November 2011.

I personally think the reasoning behind them waiting until November to begin airing is likely because they want to see how well the GL film performs. Also, I would imagine that with the film coming into theatres in June... November would be a good time to release it on DVD/BLU-RAY so it both has enough time between theatre and home video, and also so it will go along with parent's Christmas shopping list for all the kids who loved the movie.

An animated series to conincide with the release of the DVD that every kid is going to want for Christmas is a brilliant idea.

So the question still lies... do u want Timm & Co. or someone new to produce the series?

Also... What characters do you want and not want to appear in the series? Who do you think they should get to voice the characters? What stories from the comics do you think they should draw from for the episodes? Plenty of new things to discuss now that we're officially getting a series!

Last edited:
I love it and can't believe it's taken them this long to make it happen! I think Timm & Co would do a great job, but I think I'd like to see what someone else brings to the table.

Every episode could be different, focusing on a different Lantern. Some episodes could be big, wacky fun and other episodes could be murder mysteries.

There is actually a new CGI series in the works, with Bruce Timm as producer.

Cartoon Network is planning a Green Lantern animated series.
Phil Kent, chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner networks unit, showed a slide with some of Cartoon Network's original programming here Thursday at TW's investor day.
It included the title "Green Lantern: The Animated Series."
Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Barry Meyer later in the day mentioned this as an example of increasing collaboration and coordination between his unit and Turner. He said the Cartoon Network show is based on the DC Comics character and will follow some time after Warner's "Green Lantern" movie, scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release.
36048036.jpg

TheHollywoodReporter.com

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping for one about the Corps, but I'll take any Lantern stuff I can get. And I'm thrilled it's on Cartoon Network. I was never able to see Spectacular Spidey because I don't have that damn Disney channel.

I personally think they should absolutely get Bruce Timm and his team on the series. I also hope that it's hand-drawn animation and not CGI.

My voice cast:

Hal Jordan: Jerry O'Connell (I loved his voice as Nightwing on The Batman, and as Captain Marvel on Justice League Unlimited and think it'd suit Hal very well.)

Sinestro: John D'Maggio (He did a great job as Deimos in Wonder Woman and it sounds like his voice as The Joker in Under The Red Hood is amazing.)

Kyle Rayner: Neil Patrick Harris (Loved him as Flash in The New Frontier, did a great job as Peter Parker in Spider-Man: The New Series, has Nightwing coming up, and he honestly loves the characters.)

John Stewart: Keith David (voice of The Center in JL: The New Frontier, Spawn in the tv series, and Goliath in Gargoyles.)

Kilowog: Michael Madsen (Loved his voice as Kilowog in GL: FIRST FLIGHT)

Guy Gardner: Kin Shriner (did the voice of Green Arrow in JLU... need I say more?)

That's all I've got for now.

Could a mod change the title of the thread to "GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES"? Please and thank you.

I personally think they should absolutely get Bruce Timm and his team on the series. I also hope that it's hand-drawn animation and not CGI.

My voice cast:

Hal Jordan: Jerry O'Connell (I loved his voice as Nightwing on The Batman, and as Captain Marvel on Justice League Unlimited and think it'd suit Hal very well.)

Sinestro: John D'Maggio (He did a great job as Deimos in Wonder Woman and it sounds like his voice as The Joker in Under The Red Hood is amazing.)

Kyle Rayner: Neil Patrick Harris (Loved him as Flash in The New Frontier, did a great job as Peter Parker in Spider-Man: The New Series, has Nightwing coming up, and he honestly loves the characters.)

John Stewart: Keith David (voice of The Center in JL: The New Frontier, Spawn in the tv series, and Goliath in Gargoyles.)

Kilowog: Michael Madsen (Loved his voice as Kilowog in GL: FIRST FLIGHT)

Guy Gardner: Kin Shriner (did the voice of Green Arrow in JLU... need I say more?)

That's all I've got for now.

11609L.jpg

It's going to be CGI according to reports (and a presentation given at a Warner Brothers investors meeting). Sorry if it disappoints you. The argument in its favor is that CGI 'toons are all the rage among kids nowadays.

CBM is reporting that the Red Lanterns will be featured in this series. They also say that it will focus around Hal Jordan and Kilowog and will not be part of the film franchise continuity.

i just love cosmic stuff, hope they do make a series. i enjoyed first flight alot. no earth is a good thing for gl. i like seeing alien worlds and the cosmos. that's what i loved about the silver surfer cartoon.

I also hope that it's part of the official DCAU, as well. They're clearly shooting for the same visual style as the Batman, Superman, and Justice League animated series', and with Timm producing I doubt that's a coincidence. Maybe we'll see Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy making cameos as Superman, Batman in the future? At the very least, maybe we'll have Phil LaMarr as John Stewart. I'd definitely like to see the DCAU continue, though, especially since Hal never got his due props in the Justice League or Superman cartoons.

I also hope that it's part of the official DCAU, as well. They're clearly shooting for the same visual style as the Batman, Superman, and Justice League animated series', and with Timm producing I doubt that's a coincidence. Maybe we'll see Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy making cameos as Superman, Batman in the future? At the very least, maybe we'll have Phil LaMarr as John Stewart. I'd definitely like to see the DCAU continue, though, especially since Hal never got his due props in the Justice League or Superman cartoons.
Confirmed now not to be in the same universe thank grief for that. Check Newsarama for some great info.

I don't need it to be part of the same universe. There are way more than enough characters and stories to be explored in the GL Corps in the first place.

Very happy that Josh Keaton is doing the voice of Hal for this. I love him as The Flash in Crisis on Two Earths and he did a good job as Spidey on The Spectacular Spider-Man too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"