Half-Life 3

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
Since CS is reporting this news...I figure maybe it's time to make this thread. HL is still my favorite game of all time. And I am crossing my fingers for a next gen HL3!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=109654

After years of speculation, rumors, and countless jokes, it looks like it's finally happening. Famed video game developers Valve have filed a trademark for the highly-anticipated sequel, Half-Life 3. No official word has come from Valve regarding the title, but an eagle eyed user at NeoGAF spotted it on the European trademark website, which offers no more information beyond the title.

Valve surprised users last week when it unveiled SteamOS, Steam Machines and a Steam Controller to take the PC gaming experience into the living room. It is certainly a possibility that Half-Life 3 will be a “launch title” for the Steam Machines, which are said to be available sometime in 2014. It remains to be seen if the title will be available on other next-gen consoles, too. Check back here for official word from Valve about the title and release information as we learn it.

The first Half-Life game was released in 1998 and has sold over 9 million copies worldwide. It's sequel, Half-Life 2, eclipsed this number and sold more than 12 million copies and became one of the most critically-acclaimed games of the decade. It has been over six years since the last expansion pack, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, was released.

Are you surprised that Half-Life 3 might actually be happening? What do you think will happen in the game? Sound off below!

This game better be worth the wait, and i really hope Bad Robot goes on with those Half-Life and Portal movies

Seems like I've been waiting a damn half-life for this game.

Seems like I've been waiting a damn half-life for this game.
Hurrr... :woot:

I've never played HL1 and only a bit of 2 that came with the Orange Box that I bought for Portal. I never really played TF2 either. :p I've read the backstory and watched a few things that made fun of it including Freemans Mind and it's interesting but not really my thing. I'm just happy the jokes will end soon.

Hurrr... :woot:

I've never played HL1 and only a bit of 2 that came with the Orange Box that I bought for Portal. I never really played TF2 either. :p I've read the backstory and watched a few things that made fun of it including Freemans Mind and it's interesting but not really my thing. I'm just happy the jokes will end soon.

Never got the chance to play HL1, but I did play what came on The Orange Box and I loved it. Can't wait to continue the story. And dude, TF2 was pretty fun. Not your cup of tea, I presume?

Never really tried it. Played for a few minutes after I played Portal the first time and never bothered to go back. I've had it for a few years now. It's in my Tub O' Movies n Games in storage.

This isn't going to be a Steam Box/machine exclusive is it?

Never really tried it. Played for a few minutes after I played Portal the first time and never bothered to go back. I've had it for a few years now. It's in my Tub O' Movies n Games in storage.

I'm not sure if anyone still plays TF2. I had it on 360 so there were never any new levels added. They put all their care into the PC version.
This isn't going to be a Steam Box/machine exclusive is it?

I sure the hell hope not. I doubt it would sell as many copies.

I don't think it's a steam box exclusive. How can it be anyway? Isn't the steambox just a modified PC using the steam system (with its own OS?)

Isn't the SteamOS Linux based?

I don't think it's a steam box exclusive. How can it be anyway? Isn't the steambox just a modified PC using the steam system (with its own OS?)
I haven't kept up with everything on the Steam machine so not the best person to say. That's how I think it works but I thought there might be some possible way that Valve might try and encourage sales..some kind of licensing to the machine maybe although that doesn't really seem like Valve's style. Hopefully not possible/not happening :woot:

• Report: Half-Life 3 Trademark Listing Was A Hoax

disappointment
    on Oct 04, 2013 at 08:17 PM 1,867 Views

Earlier in the week, news circulated about a trademark for Half-Life 3, which had been filed in the Trade Marks and Designs Registrations Office of the European Union website. It seems that the news of Half-Life 3's coming was greatly exaggerated.

... More
source: GI

This feels like someone giving you a huge delicious cake and then eating it all right in front of you as you starve to death.

When it comes out I'll play it. In the meantime I'll ignore it, at least till they announce it themselves.

Half-Life 3, other future Valve games won't be exclusive to SteamOS

at 17:16 on 04 November 2013
Now that Valve is introducing its own operating system, it would make sense that the developer would make its upcoming games (and one rumored legendary follow-up in particular) exclusive to the platform. Nothing would get gamers to switch from Windows to SteamOS faster than, say, a sequel to a beloved FPS that only runs in Linux, right? We'll never know, because Valve has sworn to stay away from operating system exclusivity in today's Steam Machine PR blitz.

Source: PC gamer

Okay, so it won't be just on their system. Okay, but is it ever going to be out?

We'll see they're just being dodgy about it. They will tell us when their ready.

Give or take another decade.

Just be like me and assume it's become another Shenmue 3 and it'll never happen.

I've forgotten what the hell it was that happened at the end of HL2 episode 2 aside from that thing with Alyx. I don't remember where they were going or why they were going there. I don't know if I care anymore.

They were headed to the Borealis to retrieve some kind of technology. Maybe?

They were headed to the Borealis to retrieve some kind of technology. Maybe?

Yeah something do with Aperture. I replayed it three times in a row when I first got the game. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"