Heavy Metal remake in the works!

CyrusGrissom

Civilian
Reaction score
That's right, the cult 1981 animated adult Sci-fi/horror/fantasy anthology based on the popular adult comics will get a reboot/remake treatment! Four directors David Fincher, Zack Sydner, Guillermo Del Toro and Gore Verbinski ("Pirates of the Caribbean") will helm this new reinvention/reimagining of the 1981 movie but with different stories and 8 of them.

I hear they might throw in a variety of different animation through each segment such as traditional 2D animation from Canada-Mexico-USA, CGI, Stop Motion (ala "Nightmare Before Christmas"), Cut-Out (ala "South Park"), Japanese animation, Clay Animation and others. This could be an interesting experiment in animation unlike any other before and could bring adult animation back to the mainstream just like "Beowulf", "South Park The Movie" and "Team America" did.

It will definitely be rated R just like the original as it might give us more of those knockers, hair-pies, and gore like in the 1981 movie. But i'm sure gonna miss Elmer Bernstein's magnificient score, John Candy as a bald purple skinned He-Man wannabe who complains about going out with his dork hanging out and that sexy white haired beauty Taarna.

I heard about this a few moths ago, can't wait. Might have to go watch Heavy Metal & Heavy Metal 2000 now.

They need to add a Lorna sequence to one of these films eventually. Alfonso Azpiri's artwork were one of of my favorite HM features.

Yeah, before there was The Bride, there was Taarna. She was like a white haired Red Sonja.

Also, being a huge Bernie Wrightson fan, I hope they bring back Captain Sternn, either in another Heavy Metal or in his own film.

This sounds almost too good to be true, but I'm already hyped just from thinking about it.

Taarna does have an impressive rack, nice butt and a hot patch of white snow between those legs, don't you think? or do you like it better shaven? In fact a 32 year old friend of mine saw the original 1981 movie in theaters when he was only 4 years old thanks to his 17 year old cousin, he told me that it was his first time seeing ****, hairy beavers, asses and a wang but in animation and even seeing cartoon characters bleed and cuss. He even told me that Taarna was his first ever crush as a small kid for he couldn't take his eyes off her as she was all he could think about as a kid.

The original 1981 movie was quite an influential cult movie that inspired such films like "Fire and Ice", "Starchaser: Legend of Orin", "Rock and Rule", "Titan A.E.", "South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut", "Beowulf", "Akira" and other adult toons. Hell even inspired "The Fifth Element" big time, but now Fincher with friends will update this movie in a new unique way of bringing the popular adult comics to the big screen.

I think they should also hire Katsuhiro Otomo ("Akira"), Rob Zombie and Trey Parker with Matt Stone, Robert Rodriguez, Peter Chung, Yoshika Kajiurri ("Ninja Scroll", "Wicked City", "Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust") and Eli Roth to do some of the segments. I'm sure we'll see some gore with some **** and pie that is either shaven or has hair on it (ala "Hair Pie" like on Revenge of the Nerds) in different forms of animation.

Anyone thinks Taarna influenced She-Ra: Princess of Power? you know, He-Man's hot sister? i bet Filmation and Mattell got ideas for the character when they saw midnight screenings of "Heavy Metal" then wallah they came up with She-Ra after Taarna but only more kid friendly, less skimpy but still sexy with a shortskirt, more stronger and not a mute yet not a stripper like Taarna.

Taarna does have an impressive rack, nice butt and a hot patch of white snow between those legs, don't you think? or do you like it better shaven? In fact a 32 year old friend of mine saw the original 1981 movie in theaters when he was only 4 years old thanks to his 17 year old cousin, he told me that it was his first time seeing ****, hairy beavers, asses and a wang but in animation and even seeing cartoon characters bleed and cuss. He even told me that Taarna was his first ever crush as a small kid for he couldn't take his eyes off her as she was all he could think about as a kid.

The original 1981 movie was quite an influential cult movie that inspired such films like "Fire and Ice", "Starchaser: Legend of Orin", "Rock and Rule", "Titan A.E.", "South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut", "Beowulf", "Akira" and other adult toons. Hell even inspired "The Fifth Element" big time, but now Fincher with friends will update this movie in a new unique way of bringing the popular adult comics to the big screen.

I think they should also hire Katsuhiro Otomo ("Akira"), Rob Zombie and Trey Parker with Matt Stone, Robert Rodriguez, Peter Chung, Yoshika Kajiurri ("Ninja Scroll", "Wicked City", "Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust") and Eli Roth to do some of the segments. I'm sure we'll see some gore with some **** and pie that is either shaven or has hair on it (ala "Hair Pie" like on Revenge of the Nerds) in different forms of animation.

Anyone thinks Taarna influenced She-Ra: Princess of Power? you know, He-Man's hot sister? i bet Filmation and Mattell got ideas for the character when they saw midnight screenings of "Heavy Metal" then wallah they came up with She-Ra after Taarna but only more kid friendly, less skimpy but still sexy with a shortskirt, more stronger and not a mute yet not a stripper like Taarna.

God I love Wicked City, one of my favourites

....and also, in a way, Spawn the Animated Series, Lady Death:The Motion Picture, Turok: Son of Stone, and Batman: Gotham Knight.

For anyone who's a fan of HM, check out "Repo The Genetic Opera" it's definitely like a live-action HM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"