Hippie_Hunter Sez Week 2: "The Elections And Your Vote"

hippie_hunter

The King is Back!
Reaction score
With the elections comming up this Tuesday, have you come to really think which candidate really deserves your vote?

Last month I registered to vote, to exercise my right as an American citizen to both vote for whom controls Congress and to give a message to the Republicans and Democrats, "Neither of you guys deserve my vote!"

What have both parties done to deserve our votes? In my mind, nothing really, the Republican Party has become tainted with scandal and corruption, and the Democratic Party continues to be incompetent with their strategy of "Bush sucks and we're not Republicans."

Why haven't our Congressional candidates gone out and try and earn our votes? Whenever I see a political ad on TV, it's just an attack ad focusing on the opponent. It appears that both parties as a whole have failed to address the issues here (with a few exceptional people) and I think that we as Americans should help our democracy by telling both parties "F' you guys!"

Recent polling shows that the Democrats have a good chance of taking the House and a possibility of the Senate. I think that we can expect the Democrats to at least take one chamber of Congress, though I think that we shouldn't be surprised if they take neither, recent polling is also showing the Republican candidates catching up to Democratic candidates. We also have to weigh in the incumbency factor.

As for the Republicans, whether they win or lose, they are going to really need to sit down and think about the direction their party is heading into. They not only need to think about the scandals and corruption, but also their leadership and political idealologies. If they want to continue to hold onto control (or regain, depends on what happens) in 2008 and so on. This is going to have to happen.

Just remember when you go up into the polls next week, don't let party affiliation have any effect on whom you are voting. Let the candidate and what they stand for decide on whom you want to represent you. This registered Republican is voting for the Democrat Elliot Spitzer for governor, and a third party for Senate because Hillary Clinton is a fake and a bad Senator who has done nothing for my state and the Republicans are incompetent in New York state politics, and Democrat Eric Massa because I agree with him on several issues such as gun control, stem cell research, abortion, and others.

jaguarr said:
Blog much? :huh:

jag

Dear Livejournal,

Hippie Hunter made another stupid thread today. hes so stupid. I hate him. I also poked my eye putting on eyeliner. I cant wait til I die so i can leave this dark place in my soul behind and be one with the gods of mischief.

Darthphere said:
Dear Livejournal,

Hippie Hunter made another stupid thread today. hes so stupid. I hate him. I also poked my eye putting on eyeliner. I cant wait til I die so i can leave this dark place in my soul behind and be one with the gods of mischief.

:csad:

Darthphere said:
Dear Livejournal,

Is "sez" an emo word? :huh:

jag

hippie_hunter said:
Is there something wrong with the word "sez" :huh:

Is there anything right with it? :huh:

jag

I'm voting for Kathleen Sebelius for governor, because I think she's done a good job keeping some sanity in the Kansas government. I'm also voting for Paul Morrison for Attorney General, because Phill Kline has no respect for the office, and doesn't focus on anything relevant to it, while Morrison, who's the D.A. of Johnson County, does.

this thread could really use some pot brownies :o

Enough with the After School Specials, h_h :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"