Riverdale Hiram Lodge casting suggestions?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
We all knew he would be coming if the show had a future beyond Season 1, and now it does, so... any thoughts?

I think they've done a good job thus far of getting stars that did "Teen" genre work to play the parents-- 90210 for Perry, John Hughes movies for Molly Ringwald, Scream for Skeet Ulrich, you could even say Twin Peaks for Madchen Amick-- but I can't really think of a latino actor that falls into that category, except like Freddie Prinze Jr. and he seems too young to me.

you know you gotta point there-- it looks like they're casting the parents from actors who have done notable '80s / '90s franchises. Robin Givens (the Mayor and Josie's mom) is from Head of the Class

anyway about Daddy Lodge, idk if the actor has to be Latino, but i was hoping he could have a bit more salt than pepper in his hair :funny: Daddykins is as much a main fixture on the Archie franchise as Veronica is, arguably the most prominent parent in the comics, so i was hoping they could really nail his look the way they have with the main characters.

also for some reason, the show made me think that Hiram Lodge could be older than the any of the parental units we've seen thus far, so the range of actors to look into could widen.

how about '80's sitcom vets? Bronson Pinchot, Scott Baio, Tony Danza? i'd throw in John Stamos too if he could spare the time from Scream Queens duties.

Last edited:
I think Anthony Michael Hall would be quite fitting.

As a nod to classic teen fare (Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club), a bookend to Molly Ringwald being cast as Archie's mom, and being a good fit for the tone of the show and what we know so far about Hiram, just think he checks the right boxes.

Anthony Michael Hall would be my pick too or Benjamin Bratt if they go latino.

Given that the show is kinda Twin Peaks+ Dawson's Creek, with the former already represented, I suggest Kerr Smith from Dawson's Creek. Isn't Latino, though.

rs_600x600-130911164659-600.2kerrsmith.cm.91113.jpg

Going by the 80s theme, Emilio Estevez.

But judging by his IMDB page, it doesn't look like he has done any acting in the last 5 years.

Goddamn, Gallagher would actually be rather perfect.

Riverdale - Season 2 - Mark Consuelos Cast as Hiram Lodge in Series Regular Role
Mark Consuelos has signed on to play the heretofore-unseen Hiram Lodge on The CW’s Archie reboot, TVLine has learned exclusively. He’ll make his debut in Season 2, and is set to join the cast as a series regular.

Hiram Lodge, per the show’s official description, is “a ruthless, handsome, charismatic businessman who is coming back to Riverdale after weathering a financial scandal that almost destroyed him. He is there to reconnect with his wife Hermione and, especially, his daughter Veronica, who is the apple of his eye.” We haven’t seen Hiram on the show yet, since he’s been in jail awaiting trial for his involvement in a Bernie Madoff-esque embezzlement scheme. But it sounds like he beats the rap and comes home to make Veronica’s life even more complicated.

There is a catch, though: Consuelos currently co-stars on Fox’s baseball drama Pitch as general manager Oscar Arguella, and his Riverdale casting is in second position to Pitch, so he’d have to drop the Riverdale role if Pitch is renewed for a second season.
http://tvline.com/2017/04/24/riverdale-casts-mark-consuelos-hiram-lodge-veronica-dad/

I can live with this.

Odd about the Pitch aspect. That's a thing that often pops up with pilot casting, where they're actually filming something right away, and either the other show is canned and the casting sticks, or the show lives on and the pilot role needs to be recast. Production for the second season would probably start around July or so, once a decision would likely be made about his other show, so I wonder why do this now?

I suppose, to avoid someone else snatching him up, but...

I'm kind of surprised that Mark would be willing to spend majority of his year in Vancouver.

I can live with this.

Odd about the Pitch aspect. That's a thing that often pops up with pilot casting, where they're actually filming something right away, and either the other show is canned and the casting sticks, or the show lives on and the pilot role needs to be recast. Production for the second season would probably start around July or so, once a decision would likely be made about his other show, so I wonder why do this now?

I suppose, to avoid someone else snatching him up, but...

To me, it's a sign that either him or his people think that Pitch will not be renewed.

And Mark is a believable father to a teenager since he has a few himself.

Pitch has been cancelled. We have our Hiram.

Going by the 80s theme, Emilio Estevez.

Think his bro Carlos Estévez aka Charlie Sheen would have made more sense and been hysterical and appropriately unsettling as Veronica's dad. Like you really want to like or trust him ...but:nrv:
Feels like a missed opportunity, he's perfectly on the level of crazy they are playing some of these parents, and would have been great for the next season antagonist.

That said, looking forward to Consuelos take on the role.

Last edited:
[YT]gevMS0u1pAU[/YT]

[YT]6tMUFlrXfO8[/YT]

Will he add the glasses, the stache, and grey his temples?

Last edited:
If Hiram had anything to do with what happened tonight, lol, prepare to get your ass beat by a kid who punches f***ing ICE!

If Hiram had anything to do with what happened tonight, lol, prepare to get your ass beat by a kid who punches f***ing ICE!
Think Hiram is who you are supposed to think set-up the hit, more likley it was Hermione, this will drive a wedge between Veronica and Archie, cause you know Dramaaa!
Meanwhile Jughead embracing the Serpent life will wreck Jughead/Betty, .....again Drama!

Last edited:
Will he add the glasses, the stache, and grey his temples?

Hiram's look from the Riverdale tie-in comic:

hiram%2Blodge.jpg

Not grey there. But who knows they could make it a plot point, like the stress of prison made him go grey prematurely or something.

I'd be inclined to think they won't though.

DL4Jxa9UQAAH-20.jpg

Needs moar mustache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"