Holy **** I know this parrot

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
A 22 year old woman who claims she was infected with a rare brain disease from a parrot in a pet shop has received a multi million euro settlement from the HSE.

While the sum is undisclosed it is potentially the largest structured settlement of its kind in Ireland.

The woman - Patricia Ingle - is now wheelchair-bound and needs 24-hour care as a result of the brain infection.

She was working as a pet care advisor in the Petmania store in Limerick when she developed headaches and began vomiting. Within 2 weeks she suffered major and irreversible brain damage and is now wheelchair bound, tetraplegic and speaks through a voice tube.

Her lawyers argued the overwhelming likelihood was that she contracted Chlamydia Psittacosis from birds such parrots, budgies and parakeets that were kept in the Petmania pet shop.

Lawyers for the HSE have indicated it will now sue the Petmania and its parent company.
http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=60344&locID=1.2&pagename=news

I've visited this store on many occasions. The parrot always says ''hello''. I often rubbed his head and said ''hello'' back....Never again.:dry:

You better watch yo self but because a parrot isn't good for ya health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"