How do I Get Art Directors to take my Comic?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
hey, I have another question about my comic.
For those who don't know
I have made my own comic, a 28 page story of my penciled work featuring my own characters and my own story. The goal, once again, is to get a job pencilling comics, any comic. Not necessarily to publish the comic I just made to show off my art.
I have printed it like many have suggested, to give to 13 different companies.
Thanks to everyone for the help, so I hope you guys can help me with this one too.
But how do I get those companies to take it?
What should I say?
Do I just put it on their table and run? Do I give it to them and not saying anything but, "here is my comic, take it."?
I want them to check out mu art and give me a job, so any advice anyone can give me on what to say would help me a lot.
Sorry if this seems like an easy question I should know the answer to, but I am just worried of saying the wrong thing.

hey, I have another question about my comic.
For those who don't know
I have made my own comic, a 28 page story of my penciled work featuring my own characters and my own story. The goal, once again, is to get a job pencilling comics, any comic. Not necessarily to publish the comic I just made to show off my art.
I have printed it like many have suggested, to give to 13 different companies.
Thanks to everyone for the help, so I hope you guys can help me with this one too.
But how do I get those companies to take it?
What should I say?
Do I just put it on their table and run? Do I give it to them and not saying anything but, "here is my comic, take it."?
I want them to check out mu art and give me a job, so any advice anyone can give me on what to say would help me a lot.
Sorry if this seems like an easy question I should know the answer to, but I am just worried of saying the wrong thing.

Normally any big comic con is the best place to go to have your art seen, but that is only if the company has a table to look over submission. At most shows they do but it is a scheduled event like everything else there so you have to be there at the right time. You could mail in your work to a submissions department but most companies do not except original character art ( other then maybe Image and Dark Horse and some small publishers ) The big two DC and Marvel want no more then four pages tops that tell the whole story and like I said all art must include their characters.

Or you could take a chance and just ask one of the editors if they are there to look at your stuff. They are willing to give advice and they may just lead you in the right direction.

Good luck, and keep drawing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"