How To Lose Friends & Alienate People (Simon Pegg, Kirsten Dunst, Jeff Bridges)

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=40051

Release Date: TBA 2008
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Robert B. Weide
Screenwriter: Peter Straughan, Toby Young
Starring: Simon Pegg, Megan Fox, Kirsten Dunst, Gillian Anderson, Jeff Bridges
Genre: Comedy

Plot Summary: Sidney Young is a disillusioned intellectual who both adores and despises the world of celebrity, fame and glamour. His alternative magazine, Post Modern Review, pokes fun at the media obsessed stars and bucks trends, and so when Young is offered a job at the diametrically opposed conservative New York based Sharps magazine its something of a shock! It seems Sharps editor Clayton Harding is amused by Young's disruption of a post-BAFTA party with a pig posing as Babe. Thus begins Sidney's descent into success - his gradual move from derided outsider to confidante of starlet Sophie Maes - and a love affair with colleague Alison Olsen, that will either make him or break him.

International Teaser (QT)
http://downloads.cinemas-online.co.u...iler_1500k.mov

That plot summary is rather confusing. So does Pegg play like a TMZ reporter type?

I can't even watch the trailer due to my crappy computer, but the literate referenced title made me laugh big time (How to Make Friends & Influence People) . Intelligent humor!? And here I was thinking there'd be another near decade wait like there was between Big Lebowski and Thank You For Smoking.

Ok, I LOLd. (which hardly ever happens by only watching a teaser)

But ugh, Dunst AND Fox...on the other side there will also be Pegg and Anderson :heart: I'll watch it.

Ok saw the trailer. So is he like an AICN writer that moves up to EW or something?

I'll see anything with Pegg in it, looks good. Dunst looks attractive in it as well.

Ok saw the trailer. So is he like an AICN writer that moves up to EW or something?

I'll see anything with Pegg in it, looks good. Dunst looks attractive in it as well.

In the book, the guy is a writer of a very satirical pop culture zine who gets hired by a Vanity Fair-esque magazine. The author of the book the film is based on actually did work at Vanity Fair so the book is basically a thinly veiled jab at Graydon Carter (VF editor) and the whole magazine. I remember the book released right after The Devil Wears Prada was released and really capitalized off it's sucess, so they must be trying to do the same with the film.

Ah I get it, it's the male take of DEVIL WEARS PRADA!

I wonder if that's how they pitched it :D .

I was KIND OF close in my guess though. It's a legit analogy at least.

Haha yea basically. Although it seems they are making the movie FAR more slapstick. Neither Devil or the book (as I remember) had that.

I predict since it has Pegg and Bridges it will be less slapstick than the trailer implies, but either way it looks like a lot of fun.

megan fox is the girl in the red

I advice you to watch Swimming with Sharks, it looks pretty much like male version of Devil Wears Prada (it's even based on some real events (except the ending) of the guy, who made that film) :word:

That looked hilarious. I can't wait now.

Poster

294m0ax.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"