How would you rank these movies, or the ones you've seen?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
These movies appear - to me, and I may not be right about all of them - to have been less critically and/or publically acclaimed compared to other superhero movies released since The Avengers (like, say, Wonder Woman in the DCEU; the Deadpool movies at Fox; Thor: Ragnarok in the MCU; and Spider-Man: Homecoming at Sony (and technically also in the MCU)).

My ranking will be in the comments, except for the movies I haven't seen that are Fantastic Four and Suicide Squad.

DCEU movies
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad

Fox movies
Fantastic Four (2015)
The Wolverine
X-Men: Apocalypse

MCU movies
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

Sony Spider-Man movies
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Venom

'Mild' B+
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron [86]
  • The Amazing Spider-Man [85]
'Strong' B
  • Iron Man 3 [84]
B
  • The Wolverine [82]
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [82]
'Mild' B
  • X-Men: Apocalypse [81]
  • Thor: The Dark World [80]
B-
  • Justice League (will say that it's better than BvS and MoS below, and I hope the DCEU improves further starting with Aquaman)
C+
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Man of Steel (why Superman movie so serious? - the gratuitous grimness is one thing with 'Dark Knight' Batman also in the movie)
C
  • Venom (if enough people love it for a sequel to be made, I'll be happy for them and hope the sequel's better - and if not, I'll have other movies to enjoy)

Last edited:
DCEU movies
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad

Justice League

Fox movies
The Wolverine

MCU movies
Iron Man 3

Those I've left out I haven't seen.

DCEU movies
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad
Justice League

Fox movies
The Wolverine

MCU movies
Iron Man 3

Those I've left out I haven't seen.

How many of those movies do you love/like?

How many of those movies do you love/like?
Love Man of Steel
Like Batman v Superman
Like The Wolverine
Like Avengers: Age of Ultron

The rest range from okay to downright terrible.

I will rank them on the joy factor

1. Man of Steel
  2. Iron Man 3
  3. Spider-Man 3 (I decided to include this one myself, cause before TASM 2 almost everyone I've seen online claimed it to be the worst movie ever.)
  4. X-Men: Apocalypse
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man
  7. Avengers: Age of Ultron (last movie on this list that I actually love)
  8. Wolverine: Origins (The Wolverine is obviously the better movie, but Lady Viper makes me enjoy it less)
  9. Justice League
  10. Suicide Squad
  11. The Wolverine (I think you wanted to go with X-Men Origins instead, so I will include it in my ranking)
  12. Fantastic Four (2015) (this is where the mostly devoid of entertainment start for me)
  13. Thor: The Dark World (Booooooooooorriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing)
  14. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (I hate this terrible movie)
  15. Venom (did not watch)

I will rank them on the joy factor

1. Man of Steel
  2. Iron Man 3
  3. Spider-Man 3 (I decided to include this one myself, cause before TASM 2 almost everyone I've seen online claimed it to be the worst movie ever.)
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man
  7. Avengers: Age of Ultron (last movie on this list that I actually love)
  8. Wolverine: Origins (The Wolverine is obviously the better movie, but Lady Viper makes me enjoy it less)
  9. Justice League
  10. Suicide Squad
  11. The Wolverine (I think you wanted to go with X-Men Origins instead, so I will include it in my ranking)
  12. Fantastic Four (2015) (this is where the mostly devoid of entertainment start for me)
  13. Thor: The Dark World (Booooooooooorriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing)
  14. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (I hate this terrible movie)
  15. Venom (did not watch)

I listed genre movies that have been released since The Avengers.

I listed genre movies that have been released since The Avengers.
Then I should edit out two of the movies I added, and replace them with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Legitimately Good

1. The Wolverine
2. Iron Man 3

Liked, but Flawed

3. Thor: The Dark World
4. Man of Steel
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron

Mediocre

6. X-Men Apocalypse

Crap

7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. Justice League
9. Suicide Squad

Mega Crap

10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
11. Batman v Super Man: Dawn of Justice

Crimes against Humanity

12. Fant4stic

Haven't Seen: Venom

1. Iron Man 3 (good)
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (mind-numbing at times, but still good)

3. The Wolverine (flawed in the final act, but good)
4. Man of Steel (OK-ish)
5. The Amazing Spider-Man (OK-ish)
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (not good)
7. X-Men: Apocalypse (not good)
8. Thor: The Dark World (zzzzz)
9. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (crap)
10. Suicide Squad (crap)
11. Justice League (double crap)

Didn't watch:
Fant4stic Four
Venom

Last edited:
Good, with flaws:
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
The Wolverine

OK but forgettable:
Man of Steel
Thor: TDW
Amazing SM

Kinda Crap:
X-Men Apocalypse
Justice League

Fully Crap:

Haven't seen:
Suicide Squad, Venom, FF or ASM2

Last edited:
Good with flaws:
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. The Wolverine
3. Iron Man 3

Okay/Forgettable:
4. The Amazing Spider-Man
5. Man of Steel
6. X-Men: Apocalypse
7. Thor: The Dark World

Disappointing:
8. Justice League

Bad with Moments:
9. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (I actually enjoy watching this one the most of this list, but I can't objectively place it anywhere else)

Frustratingly Bad:
10. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Won't Ever Watch Again:
11. Suicide Squad
12. Fant4stic Four

Didn't watch:
Venom

From Best to Worst:

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Doesn't even belong with these other movies)
The Wolverine (Same...this was well received for the most part)
Iron Man 3
Man of Steel
The Amazing Spider-Man
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Suicide Squad
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Venom
Fant4stic (I've only seen parts of it on TV, but I can assure that it's worse than any of the other films listed here)

1. The Wolverine (I actually like this movie quite a bit)
2. Man of Steel
3. Iron Man 3
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
6. Suicide Squad
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. Thor: The Dark World
9. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
10. Justice League
11. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
12. Venom
13. Fantastic Four

1. The Wolverine
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Thor Dark World
4. Venom
5. X-men Apocalypse
6. Man of Steel
7. Avengers Age of Ultron
8. Amazing Spider-man 2
9. Batman v Superman
10. Iron Man 3
11. Suicide Squad
12. Justice League

Have not watched Fantastic 4 in full.

Really Enjoyed

Batman v. Superman
- (Not a popular choice I know but has my favourite Batman suit ive even seen, favourite voice, favourite fighting of any Batman and im probably one of the very few who enjoyed the Martha scene)

Age of Ultron - (Feel like this movie gets rated very low in MCU films unfairly it was a solid film, Ultron was a cool villain, introduced Wanda & Vision, Hulk vs. Hulkbuster and the way they save the day is still one of most epic comic book feeling endings an Avengers movie has had for me)

Venom - (Another odd one yes, but honestly I feel like if you go in to see Venom with no expectations of the character you know previously then you will enjoy this movie, Hardy's brilliant in every scene and the Venom symbiote is at least far more intimidating than Topher Grace.)

Wolverine - (The middle Wolverine movie and smack bang in the middle in terms of quality. I love Japan and samurai in general so mix in Wolverine this was definitely going to be a win for me.)

Good But Not Great

Thor 2 - (Thor 2 genuinely isn't a bad movie but it just doesn't stand out in anyway compared to the first and the third both of which are so much better. Everything about the movie is forgettable the main villain, the story, the 23rd Loki death, the aether.)

The Amazing Spider-Man - (I will just go on record now that Garfield was my least favourite Spider-Man, so that hurts this films chances with me from the get go, also I felt Garfield was way too cool to be Peter Parker the dude looked like he'd walked off a modelling photo shoot, the only things that saved this from being lower on my list were Emily Blunt & Rhys Ifans.)

Man of Steel - (Not a Superman so thought I would hate it but honestly of all the on screen iterations of Superman this has been the one I have enjoyed the most, I liked the realism of what both good and dmage a being like that could do to the Earth.)

Pretty Bad

Suicide Squad
- (Margot Robbie & Will Smith kept this from being a truly terrible movie for me, they couldn't totally save it though as the plot and main villains in the story are some of the worst I've seen brought to life on the big screen.)

Justice League - (What annoyed me so much about this is you have my two favourite Superhero's in one movie in Batman & The lash so Im going to have high hopes and the movie kind of just fell short on every expectation. Steppenwolf was so unforgettable he felt like he belonged in the Green Lantern movie & that awful cgi moustache.)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - (Again wasn't a fan of Garfield and this felt inferior to the first movie in pretty much every way, Jamie Foxx didn't have anywhere near the same charisma as Ifans and the movie just felt jumbled up.)

Downright Terrible

X-Men Apocalypse
- (I will hold your movie to a higher standard if it comes from an already great series. Now considering just how good First Class & DOFP are this should have been the epic finale to the trilogy. What it was instead was movie that felt crowded overly complicated and just nowhere near the same level as the first two.)

Iron Man 3 - (It sucks having to put my favourite Avenger on here although its not really his fault. This movie for the most part took away everything that made Iron Man so cool and then still tried to make an Iron Man movie. From going most of the movie without his armour to taking the characters arch nemesis and turning him in to little more than a joke. All in all IM3 is so bad I honestly think if anyone other tan RDJ was helming the character it would have damaged the character.)

Fantastic Four - (Have never seen will never watch have heard enough stories on how bad it is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"