Which of these Marvel Phase Three movies do you like best? How would you rank them?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
For me, it's a tie between Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; with Doctor Strange at second place. I think all the movies in Phase Three are great.

As far as my ranking of the other Phase Three movies, Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming are my favorites; and Thor: Ragnarok is my least favorite (have mercy, plz).

I'm waiting to rate Avengers: Infinity War as a two-parter.

From favorite to least favorite at this point:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
  3. Doctor Strange
  4. Ant-Man & Wasp

Black Panther is easily the best one. The other three are fun popcorn movies. BP is one of the top tier CBMs.

From favorite to least favorite at this point:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
  3. Doctor Strange
  4. Ant-Man & Wasp
Same for me. I'm expecting Strange 2 to be a considerable improvement on the original now that magic has been well and truly established in the MCU.

Doctor Strange (I've always been a fan of magic)
Black Panther
Antman & The Wasp
Guardians 2

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
2. Black Panther
3. Doctor Strange
4. Ant-Man & The Wasp

Sometimes I find these films close enough in quality that it changes depending on the day and my mood, but in this case I can pretty conclusively say this is my order.

I thought Guardians Vol. 2 was very entertaining and I appreciate it even more than the first one. It may not have been as fresh but it had better writing, more freedom in tone and a far more interesting villain compared to the completely bland Ronan the Accuser. Ant-Man 2 was enjoyable as well, but also pretty forgettable. Panther and Strange were very average to me. I respect the ambition but I didn't care for either one of these movies.

Antman and the Wasp
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Doctor Strange
Black Panther

They’re all kind of just meh for me. Of the 4 A&tW is the only one I enjoyed after a second viewing, but I don’t think any of them are that good.

Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
Ant-Man & Wasp

This is tough!

I loved Dr Strange, best origin flick since Iron Man. But, I also loved GOTG vol 2, plenty of amazing Lol moments ( " Mantis ! Look out !" gets me every time).Plus Rocket's tears got me at the end, he's not crying for Yondu he's crying for all the lost opportunities in his own life.

The visuals in Dr Strange were absolutely mind-blowing and ....Dormammu, need I say more ? Plus Cumberbatch was perfect in the lead.

Can't decide.

Enjoyment order: Vol. 2 > DS > AMW > BP.

Vol. 2 - fun pop-corn adventure in space with decent emotional beats. DS - poor man's IM. AMW - super-forgettable. BP - super-predictable, with dull characters. I seriously don't understand what people love about. Maybe it's just not for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"