Hunter Accidentally Shoots Man On Toilet While Aiming For Moose

Piper Maru

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...e-norway_n_4163691.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

A moose hunter in Norway found himself inadvertently pursuing a different type of game this week when an errant bullet missed its mark and broke through the wall of a nearby cabin.

According to local reports, the hunter accidentally shot a man who was on the toilet Thursday. The bullet darted straight through the wooden wall of the Vesteroy cabin and pierced the man in his abdomen.

The injured man, in his 70s, was airlifted to a hospital southeast of Oslo. Police investigator Anders Stroemsaether told Norwegian broadcaster NRK the gunshot wound was not life-threatening, Reuters reports. However, other reports indicate the injury is serious.

Police said the hunter, armed with a hunting rifle, was taking aim at a moose at the time but likely did not realize there was a cabin behind his target, Norway's The Local reports. After the hunter took the shot, the bullet whizzed past the animal and pierced the cabin wall, about 330 feet out.

The hunter was taken to a police station in the region for questioning.

"It is obvious that there is a risk involved in hunting. A hunter is always responsible for ensuring the background is clear when a shot is fired and everyone understands that what has happened here should not happen," Stroemsaether told NRK, according to Sky News.

Piper, did Fark hired you to post all these news threads? :oldrazz:

Man imagine just sitting down to do your business and then BAM shot in the gut. What a way to end your day

I can just imagine what the guy was thinking.

"Boy that hurt. I need less fiber in my diet."

I guess this guy was number two ...

:cool:

... with a bullet.

For some reason it reminds me of a story I heard as a youth of a married couple from a far Northern European country. The wife lost her wedding ring while trying to dig her car out of a snow bank she had slid into. Years later, her husband, a veteran hunter, brings home a moose he had shot. She takes the entrails out of the moose to cook up some kind of food stuff, when what does she find in the middle of the moose' digestive tract? Her wedding ring.

I just love that in order to tell that story the wife forever has to say, "So... I was cooking moose entrails..."

That's one way to scare the crap out of someone.

Glad the guy is going to be okay.

I had this image of the moose waiting in line to use the toilet when the hunter opened fire...

gun moosefirings can be dangerous. *silence* hey, i tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"