Hype Clue: Message Board Clue - GAME 2!

Movies205

Corporate Money
Reaction score
The peg-leg bastard known as Drakon won, however will he figure out his identity and partner fast enough to achieve immunity, only time will tell. And now it's time to say goodbye to the following lazy jackasses who decided to sign up but not play, FarmerFran, Halcohol, and The Lumberjack. However we do welcome one new player, Darren Daring!

Hype Clue!

Welcome boys and girls to the first ever edition of Hype Clue! Don’t let the name “Clue” scare you, if you have no prior knowledge of the game, you have my assurances you’ll still have a good time. The game is separated into two segments, Clue: Board Game Style & Clue: Last Man Standing. Within both phases participants are ejected from the game periodically, ultimately the objective remains the same in both games, to survive! The game starts off with 20 players by the end of the first phase there’ll only be ten left to move on to the second phase.With that said, the two phases both feature two different rule sets, so please bear that in mind when reading these rules.

Phase 1: Message Board Clue

This phase, if you have not already ascertained from the title, is in many respects an adapted version of the board game clue with a few added challenges. As such this phase is separated into five games of “Message Board Clue”. At the end of each game, two players are ejected from the game. The rules below outlined how a game of “Message Board Clue” is played, so keep in mind this shall be played five times, each time completely restarting everything.

Objective: To win a game of “Message Board Clue” the player needs to figure out which character killed Hyper with what weapon and at what location.
Preparation: At the beginning of the first “Message Board Clue” there will be twenty players, each player shall be represented by a character in the game however there are only ten characters. What this mean is that every character has two players link to it thus creating teams of two. The characters/teams are then put into a seating order around an imaginary table. All of this is done in an unbiased, random, and most importantly SECRET fashion. That’s right, you don’t know who your character is nor your team-mate, that is up to the players to figure out through the provided clues.

Next, the details of the murder are created through Hype Cards (See Post Below). Each Hype Card represents either a possible pieces of evidence weapon, location, character. The host randomly selects one card from each category, these three cards represent who killed Hyper with what weapon and where. The remaining twenty seven hype cards are then dispersed to the “Characters” of the game according to the seating chart. What this means is that Player A’s team-mate will have the same exact cards as he does. What the cards means is that, let say you get the hype card, “Character: James Bond”, then obviously James Bond is not the murderer.

The final bit of preparation comes from the fact that the Host shall send each player (NOT CHARACTERS/TEAMS) two facts. Example would be:

Player A is not James Bond

Player B is not Lew Zealand

Team-mates will receive two different set of facts.

Game Structure: A game of Message Board Clue shall be separated into rounds and with each round separated into two distinct phases.
Deduction Phase- During this time players will use whatever skills they deduce necessary to get information from their fellow players, or simply to throw them off the scent since ultimately it’s more beneficial to be the only one who guesses the answer. Players should be during this phase trying to figure out who the killer is, what weapon the killer used, and where he/she did it. As well as trying to figure out whom their character is and who their team-mate is.

Suggestion Phase By the end of the Deduction Phase players will be required to send in a PM with the following information:
-Their suggestion to who killed Hyper and with what weapon and where (If it’s the first round).
-During the first round of the game players can suggest any place Hyper was killed, however for every round after the first, players are forced to pick a location in which they’ll occupy for the next round and they can make suggestions only about that location.

-The location they’ll occupy for the next round

-Which character you’d like booted off (If left blank it’s put to a vote)

-Who their character is. (In case of a tie)
----
If a player guesses correctly then the character they choose to be booted out of the game will result in the team’s, associated to that character, ejection from the game. If there is a tie then the player who was able to guess his character identity, gets to choose. If under the following circumstances:

-At least two players guess right and guess their character’s identity
-None of the correct guessing players can guess their own character’s identity
Then which character/team is booted out is put to a vote by the players still in the game.

If no player is able to guess the murderer, the weapon, and location then the game progresses to the next round. At any time during any of the five Message Board Clue games, a player may make an accusation to who they think is the murderer, what the weapon was, and where it was done. If they guess correctly they automatically get to kick a character/team off, if they guess wrong then that player and his team-mate are booted off.
The second phase’s rule set, COMING SOON!

THE PARTICIPANTS!
1. Teddy
2. X-Chick
3. Matt
4. Darren Darring (Tentative)
5. Drakon
6. DarthRekal
7. Slipknot
8. StorminNorman
9. Showtime029
10. MarvelMovies
11. Hippie Hunter
12. Prognosticator
13. Ebil Gig
14. Jourmugand
15. The Squirrel
16. Hunter rider
17. Honey Vibe
18. Elisha Cuthbert

Here are the cards in play:
vicentprice.jpg
macewindu.jpg
lewzealand.jpg

JamesBond.jpg
hasselhoff.jpg
CharlesFosterKane.jpg

Wait... so Alan Thicke was my character last round. Is he my character this round or does that switch up with rounds?

Cool. Cause I so thought Alan Thicke was the murderer... which would make me an accomplice. And TEDDY isn't serving time for NOBODY! You know what they do to cute fluffy bears in prison? Ask Snuggles, he'll tell ya... :(

Wow... So I just went through doing the whole process of figuring out the details of the murder along with characters/teams/etc... Anyway what's completely wierd is all the teams/characters are completely different EXCEPT one which is exactly the same from last game... Have fun kiddies... Let see who exploits this and who ultimately benefits from this tid-bit of knowledge...

Great, so we have to start all over again? :dry: Doesn't all that hard work from Round 1 mean NOTHING if you just bring in more people, Movies? :huh:

Great, so we have to start all over again? :dry: Doesn't all that hard work from Round 1 mean NOTHING if you just bring in more people, Movies? :huh:

Look at the number of people it went from 20 to 18... I only brought one new person in, to get rid of some dead-weight. Now you start again, and then again... Also all that hard-work is not wasted... Sigh I been dropping clues left and right since the beginning of the game, hell the very structure of hwo everything is done, is a clue within itself... It's up to the indiviual players to put it all together :)

Anyway good news/bad news... The good news is that I have all the prep work done for this round, the bad news is this... I have to get to my review for my Chem Exam so it'll be a hour, maybe more due to lunch, till I PM them out. Also pictures won't be included in PMs anymore due to the time it takes to get each indiviual picture in a PM... But you can still find the cards in this thread.

That'll get you stop posting in the old thread :cmad:

Just which players got removed and which ones got replaced?

Not til I get home.

I see :wow:

Anyway there might be a possible slow down in the next week or so... I have exams, 3 papers due, a job interview, work, and um... yeah my life as well... I think I'll be able to keep this game running on a smooth schedule, but if there should be a delay, don't panic... one of the things mention is holding it up.

It looks like everything was done sort of all over again.Which was good in my guess,from what i see..everything has been switched.So the people we were paired up with,has now changed.Its time to start guessing again.

11 Hours till the deadline for your first suggestions of the round... I'll be gone for most the day so I suppose all questions will have to be answered by your fellow players till I get back.. Ta-Ta!

And... Honey Vibe been confirmed as playing, z0mg!:trans:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"