Hype League

I like how you statrted Sub-chapter 1 with;

"This is what it feels like to be Kyle Enders."

Then follow that with a detailed background. It's very original.:up:

Thanks. It's somewhat inspired by the SW: Ep. 3 novel, but they go more into feelings, not the background

So when Kyle was ditched, his foster parents turned out to be *******s? Damn, poor kid.

Sounds like he can kick some ass. He knows a lot of self-defense.

There's a reason for that. I'm planning on making this a trilogy, where all gets tied up in the third installment.

Swordmaster said:
There's a reason for that. I'm planning on making this a trilogy, where all gets tied up in the third installment.

Nice. It seems like you have this well mapped-out.:up:

Chapter 10: Preparations for War

Michael Gamas paced around the abandoned train station he has taken residence in, as the world cannot know what he is up to.

<If the city...>

*No, my friend. The world.*

<Yes. The world. If it is to be ours, than we will need a strategy.>

*My strong point. First thing: We will need to eliminate all immediate threats.*

<The police?>

*No no, those pesky heroes. They will undoubtedly try to stop us, if we make our siege for power open.*

<Than what do you suggest?>

*We will need to discredit them, make the public hate and fear them.*

<What's the purpose of that?>

*We will need to appear heroic, make the oublic trust us. We will also need to make it appear as though they made the first move(

<Any ideas?>

*A few. Many of which-*

He is cut off by footsteps. A gang of 7 males or so appears, all wearing red bandanas.

<The Reds>

*Who?*

<The local gang. Many fear them.>

*I don't. Let's deal with them. Permanently*

Gamas walks up to the group, eyes starting to glow green.

Gamas: Gentlemen...

Nice. Do have a leader planned out for the Reds?

Nah, I'm not planning on showing the actual murders. I'm implying that they're killed.

Chapter 11: News

As the group of Kyle, Stephanie, and Desiree were in a heated discussion, the Knightmobile raced in, leaving skidmarks on the floor. Storm walks in.

Storm: Dammit boy, I just washed these floors.

The roof of the car opens up, and KnightBat jumps out.

KnightBat: Sorry, but I have news.

Desiree: So do we.

KnightBat: Well...wait, what?

Kyle: You have a GPS, two-way video feed communicators, a computer, and god knows what else in that car of yours, but not a TV? Sad, sad, bastard...

KnightBat just glares as he takes off his cowl, revealing the tired face of Bruce Masters.

Desiree: You left at eight last night, Batsy, and it's almost nine in the morning. Where were you? I was worried.

Bruce looks taken aback at this statement. He blushes slightly.

Bruce: You were worried about me?

Desiree: Of course, I worry about all my friends.

Bruce: Right...friends...of course...

He turns towards MC-117, not noticing Desiree blushing slightly as well.

Bruce: Mind if I use this?

Kyle: Not at all.

Bruce takes a small disc out of his belt and puts it into the CD drive. The computer immediately responds.

MC-117: What!?

Bruce: I need you to analyze the data on this disk.

Stephanie: Are you going to tell us where you were last night?

Bruce: Gathering everything on that disc. MC, if you please?

MC-117: F**k you, you ain't the boss of me, b***h.

Bruce blinks his eyes, shocked. Storm walks forward.

Storm: Sorry. I think we made him too big of an independent thinker. MC, process the data on that disc before I send a virus into your system, you goddamn pice of s**t.

MC: Sigh...processing...done.

A series of anatomical charts, diagrams, and information on Gamma radiation pops up.

Kyle: OKay, all I see here is gamma information, and a pic of a naked dude. Care to explain what all this crap is?

Bruce: Gladly. It is my belief that the gamma radiation that was released when Gamas' machine blew up affected his body, giving him...

Stephanie: Powers?

Bruce: Exactly. I believe he gained the power to channel Gamma energy into many seperate forms, one of which being able to fire concussive blasts made up of it...

Kyle:...Explaining the holes in the bodies of the doctor in charge of him, and the Reds.

Bruce: Precisely. Wait...the Reds were killed?

Stephanie: Yeah, it was on the news and all over the radio this morning.

Kyle: You don't have a radio either? *shakes head*

Bruce: Did you tape it?

Kyle: No need. We've got Tivo. Storm, fire her up.

Storm: Gladly.

Storm walks to the TV and presses a button. The news fills the screen.

Chris Conn: This is Chris Conn here. We are at the scene where the bodies of members from the notorious gang 'The Reds' were found this morning by maintenance workers. They all seem to have the same holes in their abdomens as the doctor. In related news, Michael Gamas, famed entrepeneur, has returned from a week-long disappearance, claiming he was kidnapped by a doctor working with the Reds, and that the holed are part of a satanic ritual they were performing. He returned back to Gamas Industries this morning.

Storm turns off the TV.

Bruce: Crap. He's in a position of power again. We have to stop him.

Kyle: How can you be sure that it was him?

Bruce: MC, show the effects of that particular gamma-radiation on the human body.

MC starts to protest, but Storm sends him a menacing look. He complies. The diagram of the human changes. It becomes green.

Kyle:...And?

Bruce sighs.

Bruce: The evidence is pretty conclusive. We need to confront Gamas. Today.

Stephanie: Why today?

Bruce: The longer he remains free, the bigger of a threat he becomes.

Stephanie: Ah.

Kyle: Oh damn, and I wanted to watch the Oprah/Dr. Phil special.

Everyone looks at him.

Kyle: Joking.

Desiree: Uh-huh.

Bruce: Of course.

Stephanie pats his back.

Stephanie: Of course you were.

She smirks as she walks on. Kyle grumbles, then turns to Storm.

Kyle: Erm...Tivo that for me, would you?

Storm:...

Haha...Nice.

Seriousness with a little bit of comedy. :up:

...Why didn't I think of that? :confused: :(

Shut your pie-hole and get on YIM. :mad:

Chapter 11: Suiting-Up

The four heroes walk into a dark room. Kyle snaps his fingers and light floods the room. On what appear to be mannequins are four outfits. The costumes of the heroes. They walk to their respective mannequins and prepare to suit up. The three males look over at the two females.

Desiree:...

Stephanie: I am NOT getting suckered into Kyle seeing me naked.

Kyle: But...I...wha...?

Stephanie (sweetly): You heard me. But just to make you feel better, neither can Bruce. Go into another room

Bruce: Like I give a damn.

Desiree: I don't mind you seeing me, Brucey. I'm comfortable in or out of my clothes around all.

An awestruck Bruce watches as Desiree slowly unzippers your jacket and-

Kyle: Oh no you don't lover boy! If I can't see, neither can you.

Bruce:...Damn you.

The guys walk out. The girls giggle.

Desiree: So adorable, don't you think?

Stephanie: What? Oh yeah...I guess.

A somewhat dreamy look is in her eyes.

15 minutes later, the team reunites, fully uniformed. Edge presses a button on his belt.

Amazonia: What's that for?

Edge: It generates a half-inch magnetic field around my body. Bullets bounce right off me.

KnightBat: You devoloped it yourself, I assume?

Edge: Yeah, I came up with the design, Sorm built it. Don't know what I'd do without the man. He saved my life.

Everyone is silent for a moment.

DarkCat: What are we waiting for? Let's go!

Edge: Don't need to tell me twice.

Edge and DarkCat put on Helmets and jump on their respetive motorcycles. KnightBat gets in the KnightMobile. He turns to Desiree.

KnightBat: Need a lift?

Amazonia: Nah, I'd rather fly.

With that, she jumps into the air and flies off. With a disappointed sigh, KnightBat activates the turbines and drives off.

Chapter 12: Confrontation

The four heroes walked into Gamas' building, and ran into no opposition. There was a simple explanation for that: the floor was littered with dead bodies. KnightBat went over and examined a few of the bodies.

Edge: The hell?

DarkCat: Oh god. This is sick. Who would do this?

KnightBat: Gamas.

Amazonia: Do you really think he'd kill his own employees?

KnightBat: I wouldn't, not until I saw this. Come here.

The three ran over. Edge looked at what KnightBat was staring at.

Edge: So what? It's just a...hole...

Comprehension dawned on him.

DarkCat: Uh...for those of us who aren't blessed with super-intellect, can someone please explain wat's going on?

KnightBat: The holes, they're the exact width of the holes found on the Reds and the doctor.

Amazonia: So Gamas killed his employees? Why?

Edge: I suggest we go ask him.

The four ran to an elevator, and pressed the 'up' button. No response.

Edge: Looks like we'll have to take the stairs.

DarkCat: Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Amazonia: 70 flights of stairs...fun.

KnightBat: At least you can fly.

Amazonia smiled at him. He smirked.

The four made their way up 70 flights of stairs, without really going up the stairs; Edge and DarkCat super-leaped 5-10 floors at a time; Amazonia flew; and KnightBat used his grappeling gun to ascend to the top level. Finally, they arrived.

Edge(sarcastically): That was an effort.

They all laughed, except KnightBat, who stood with his arms crossed.

Edge: Wha's up with your ass?

KnightBat: We need to stay focused. We have a job to do.

Edge: I was trying to lighten up the mood.

KnightBat: You failed.

KnightBat went and kicked open the door. The four walked in Gamas' massive officeand saw him sitting behind his desk, hands folded.

Gamas: Hello there. How can I help you today?

KnightBat: We know what you did, Gamas.

Gamas smiled, but it was by no means pleasant.

Gamas: Why, I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about, sir.

Edge: Cut the crap, Mikey-Boy. We know you killed your Doctor massacred the Reds.

Gamas' smile left his face, replaced by a snarl.

Gamas: How dare you accuse me of such a thing?! I a m a respected member of the community!

Dante: *Not much of an actor though*

Edge smirked under his mask.

DarkCat: You're not a good actor, though.

Dante: *Whoa. We think alike.*

Amazonia: Confess, and you'll be given a lesser sentence.

Gamas: I still have no idea what you are talking about! And people call you heroes!

KnightBat: We KNOW the Gamma explosion gave you powers. If it hasn't occurred already, you will be driven insane. Your mind was not built for such power.

Gamas dropped all pretenses and stood up, a faint green aura encircling his hands.

Gamas: Well then, since I have fiven you less credit then deservedm I think you should be given a gift of apology. Like this!

Green energy beams were thrown from his hands, aimed right at Amazonia.

KnightBat: NO!

He dove, and knocked her out of the way, taking the full force of the blast. He fell, limp, his body smoking.

Amazonia: Bruce!

She ran over to him, and checked his pulse, tears flowing down her face.

Amazonia: He's still alive. He still has a pulse. It's weak, but still there.

Gamas watched on in confused awe.

Gamas:...He should be dead...

Amazonia: He's tough. More then you'll ever be.

Edge: Let's show him how much.

Edge took three disks out of his belt. He pressed a symbol on each of them rapidly. Rotating blades popped out, and Edge threw them at Gamas. They were direct hits. He staggered and fell.

DarkCat: What were those?

Edge: Hard-Impact shuriken. My own invention. You press the symbol and-

DarkCat: Later. We've got a job to finish.

Gamas rose, his eyes glowing green.

Gamas: You'll pay for that.

Amazonia: I don't think so!

She flew at Gamas and started pummelling him with full stength. he appeared to be unfazed.

Amazonia: What the-?

Gamas grabbed her by her throat.

Gamas: Foolish girl. My Gamma powers grant me great strength and durability. They are no match for your-

DarkCat: Ah, save it!

She extended claws from her fingertips and slashed at Gamas' wrist, causing him to drop the now unconscious Amazonia. Edge raced and caught her as DarkCat continued to fight.. He rested her next to KnightBat.

Dante: *You know, if the situation didn't suck, this would look really sweet.*

Edge: Not now, Dante. We have to do our duty.

Edge felt the two minds become one, and he turned to see Gamas firing shot after shot of Gamma energy at DarkCat. She was, amazingly, dodging every shot.

DarkCat: That all you got?

Gamas, infuriated, clapped his hands together, creating a super gamma blast, one that DarkCat was unable to dodge. She fell in a graceful arc, a look of confusion on her face.

Edge's adrenaline kicked in, along with his combat instinct. He glared at Gamas, who was grinning maliciously.

Edge: Now...you'll pay for that.

Gamas: We shall see.

Edge leaped at Gamas, whose hands were already glowing green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"