Superhero Hype Awards 2010 'Hype-Time Achievement'

Umm....tough one...tough...going back...I can't believe I've been here since summer of 2005...I've gone on hiatus a few times...lurked a bit...um...I dunno...

Matt. I remember when the board was all like 'I kid you not' or maybe that was me, I remember a thread where me and others were saying that. So yes, Matt.

:o You kid?

ive noticed that the previous winners all have 'the' in their usernames

brb, gonna change my name to The ComicChick lol

Gotta go with Matt..one of the few who has been here longer than I.

You know, I'm thinking Franklin Richards on this one. A big part is that the Aunt Petunia scandal is Hype Famous, but also because he's gone on and outgrown that to become the poster he is without it and is still contributing and making the site a great place to be.

So I'm going with Franklin :up:

You know, I'm thinking Franklin Richards on this one. A big part is that the Aunt Petunia scandal is Hype Famous, but also because he's gone on and outgrown that to become the poster he is without it and is still contributing and making the site a great place to be.

So I'm going with Franklin :up:

As a post-Aunt Petunia user, can someone explain to me what Aunt Petunia was? I keep hearing that a lot about Franklin Richards

As a post-Aunt Petunia user, can someone explain to me what Aunt Petunia was? I keep hearing that a lot about Franklin Richards
It also predated me, but apparently, FR's first SN was "Aunt Petunia" and he pretended to be female. He posted pictures of a hot woman that was supposedly him.
It was then revealed that he was a man, and he changed his name to Franklin Richards.

Tivo the Hype.

Thanksgiving1.jpg

And thanks Hairy Hebrew. :D

:ff: :ff: :ff:

It also predated me, but apparently, FR's first SN was "Aunt Petunia" and he pretended to be female. He posted pictures of a hot woman that was supposedly him.
It was then revealed that he was a man, and he changed his name to Franklin Richards.
The best part is that it was revealed by the girl whose pictures he used. That was a fun scandal. :)

The best part is that it was revealed by the girl whose pictures he used. That was a fun scandal. :)

Hah! I remember that. Some dude who was a friend of hers created an account and outed Franklin and she posted pictures of her holding a sign saying "Not Aunt Petunia" though I think she misspelled it if I remember.

I just remember that Franklin and I were both playing in the DTL back then (back when it was successful) and I was shocked and entertained at the same time. He'd made a big name for himself by then like Pickles or CC or something. I thought his Hype career was over (and it nearly was) but that's why I think he should be honored. All that happened and he overcame it to become a valualbe and beloved poster years later to the point where we can all look back on that somewhat awkward week now with adoration. It's an official part of Hype history that us older posters look fondly on... though we do miss the pretty Aunt Petunia girl.

Hah! I remember that. Some dude who was a friend of hers created an account and outed Franklin and she posted pictures of her holding a sign saying "Not Aunt Petunia" though I think she misspelled it if I remember.

That was fun read. The reactions were hilarious.

Haha that sounded awesome and hilarious. Are there still posts of the reactions around here?

Haha that sounded awesome and hilarious. Are there still posts of the reactions around here?
Sadly, no. There are a few threads where you can see some of the fallout, but the actual gem appears to have been devoured into the abyss. I've looked. Hard. :csad:

So much win. Alas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"