"I can eat all the frickin' brownies I want!" The Witwicky Parent thread

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by terry78, Jul 13, 2009.

1. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Even though they were featured moreso in this than the first, did you enjoy the antics and dramatic scenes of Judy and Ron Witwicky this time around? I do find it funny how they play against type with them and make Ron the sensible one and Judy the screwball parent as opposed to vice versa. Though she went a tad overboard in the college scenes.

2. lou2099 soulless zombie

I wanted the mom to get squished. Her hash brownie scene was this movie's time-wasting equivalent of the Autobots walking on the lawn in Transformers 1. Her only redemption was at the end.

The father however, was a far better character. Kind of reminded me of the comics version, and his scenes with Sam were very strong.

3. Mr. Earle Registered

The parents are great. The only bad moment was the brownie scene which didnt make sense and came off more irritating than funny.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I thought they were superb once again, and had me in stitches in most scene's, even the brownie one (although thats NOT how you would react to eating one of those), I found them really funny in the first half of the movie.

Also, what I liked about their role in this movie, they were responsible for one of, if not the most powerful scene in the movie, with Ron refusing to let Sam go in the desert. I thought that was one of the best scene's in the movie.

5. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I agree with what Ironhide said in the first film
    Ironhide: The parents are very irritating...

6. craigdbfan Registered

Ironhide couldn't of put it better.

Their antics have become stale and annoying for me at least. I really hope they don't appear in TF3.

7. lou2099 soulless zombie

One could say that was the only drama of the film. If only Bay could have made that sensible drama more prevalent in the entire movie!

8. El_Citrus Registered

The parents had their place and were funny with the exception of the brownie scene. I'd like to see a little less to around the same amount of screentime for TF3.

9. The Guard Registered

They're annoying, but then, they're clearly supposed to be.

I thought they were funny enough, at least as much as the first movie. Some of the family drama was a bit forced, but in the middle of a warzone, there's not really many options for that to come into play.

I think the point of the brownie scene is that she just wants to cut loose in that environment, not that the brownie actually affects her that way. She's been boiling over since the first scene she's in, and this is her just getting it out. At least that's how I took it, because she seems to be well aware of what she's eating and doing. That doesn't make it any less stupid, mind you.

10. Ipodman Love Tension

Glad that Mr Bay wants some family values in the movie....

11. bell110 Drunk on Capitol Hill

The parents are great. Even the brownie scene, I loved it all. I wonder how much of their stuff was ad libbed?

12. SymbioteKal-El Registered

The parents brought plenty of hilarity to the movie as they did in TF1, but, as someone else pointed out, they also got their moments of drama as well which was really nice to see.

Also as someone else said though, I wish there would have been more scene's of drama with them.

13. dodgers2213 Registered

too bad Ironhide didn't take em' out like he wanted :cmad: