I need some advice on these 3 HC's

Punisher RULES

Live Simple
Reaction score
I've been saving up for quite a while to buy these three hardcovers and I needed a quick review on each (for those who have read the individual issues) If they're excellent, or if they blow.

1. Hulk Vol. 1 : Red Hulk
2. Iron Man Vol. 1 : The Five Nightmares
3. Astonishing X-Men Vol. 2 HC

I appreciate it.

No advice on those books; but, just so you know, there are a few sites out there having Black Friday sales on trade paperbacks. In fact, I think there is an ad in many of the weekly comics about 40% off all Trades with some site. You might be able to get two of the three you are interested in.

Haven't read your first choice, from just reading about it on message boards this book seems to be really disliked - but then you look at the sales charts and it's in the top five every week, so I really don't know.

I liked your second choice. Classic Iron Man superhero action. Obadiah Stane's son, Ezekiel, is the villain of the piece. I'd say this is especially good if you haven't read much Iron Man, but decided to start after seeing the movie. Jon Favreau was so impressed by Fraction's work that he had him come out to talk about the direction for the movie sequel.

Love Whedon's X-Men. This book was affected by massive delays that proved to be detrimental to the story as it was hard to get invested when the previous chapter was released four moths earlier. But it was still a quality read and I envy you for getting to read this all in one go - it should be much smoother.

Thank you kind sir for being the only one to answer my question.

I've been saving up for quite a while to buy these three hardcovers and I needed a quick review on each (for those who have read the individual issues) If they're excellent, or if they blow.

I appreciate it.

I haven't read any of the new Hulk series, but it seems pretty widely disliked.

I don't know anything about the second one.

The AXM hardcover is worth getting. Neither of the arcs is as good as "Gifted," but both are better than "Danger."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"