I Should See the Movie Before I Buy It!

I think what you need is better judgment when it comes to blind buying. You should have known that some of them were ugly movies to buy.

:o

My last blind buys was Alien and Aliens. I was not disappointed. :up:
Oh I agree, but sometimes I get that I'm here and I want to buy something feeling, and can't control my impulses.

I'm not going to lie, sometimes, I just want to buy a film just because the DVD cover is amazing looking. Some of the worst movies out there have the best DVD covers.

what happens to me is i'll research it online to see what people have said about it . it still doesnt work out that well though . i recently bought the orphanage because of del toro's involvement and thought it was good but not something i would care to watch again . foreign films for me are always an unpredictable blind buy because you never know what s going to happen in an asian film and might be embarassed to be the owner.

what happens to me is i'll research it online to see what people have said about it . it still doesnt work out that well though . i recently bought the orphanage because of del toro's involvement and thought it was good but not something i would care to watch again . foreign films for me are always an unpredictable blind buy because you never know what s going to happen in an asian film and might be embarassed to be the owner.
I loved the Orphanage, really creepy!

just get netflix then you can watch all of the crap movies you want and once in a while you find a pearl that you want to buy.

If I ever blind buy its usually one for like 5 dollars or so at walmart or Blockbuster.

I think one of the only movies i bought new was hatchet for 10 dollars and that didn't disapoint me at all. Actually one of my favs now.

When I buy movies that never got to theaters or that did but which I didn't see there I do research before making a purchase. I did it with Hatchet,Videodrome,Inside,Teeth,The Blob (1988 remake),the unrated version of High Tension,etc. I was glad that I bought all those movies on dvd!!

I figured this.

$14.99 to $19.99 to buy a movie.

If I took me and the girl to see it, that would have been $20.00 right there and at least I'd own it.

When I buy movies that never got to theaters or that did but which I didn't see there I do research before making a purchase. I did it with Hatchet,Videodrome,Inside,Teeth,The Blob (1988 remake),the unrated version of High Tension,etc. I was glad that I bought all those movies on dvd!!
I'm glad i rented that instead of buying.

I've only been burned by blind buys once. Beyond the Wall of Sleep... ugh.

I'm usually pretty good at it. My last blind buy: Seven Samurai. Loved it.

I have a nasty habit of buying movies before I see them. A good percentage of the time it bites me in the ass. Here's the mistakes I've made:
King Kong (Peter Jackson's)
AVP:R
Narnia: TLTWATW
Van Helsing
Underworld
Vanilla Sky (It was mis marked at K-Mart for $5 when it first came out)
White Noise
The Ring 2
Hulk
Terminator 3
Jeepers Creepers 2

I know there's more but all of my dvds are are boxed up as I bought my first house and am in the midst of moving.
What the hell is wrong with Narnia:huh: and Underworld I:huh:

I usually don't do blind eye purchases.

Sometimes I get DVDs of movies I haven't seen as gifts, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"