I think it's time for me to move on from my job

The Avatar

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've been working as a part time video editor at a local tv station, but since I graduated from University last month I need something full time to sustain myself.

Unfortunately the tv station isn't interested in brining me on full time because they don't have room to expand yet. Thankfully a media services job just opened this week at my alma mater.

It's full time, better paying, comes with benefits, regular hours (unlike my hours at the tv station, which are terrible) and one of my former professors recommeded me personally to the guy who does the hiring in that department.

Everything about this job is better than my current one - and not only that, but it also means I'll get to be a camera man aswell as a video editor (which is great!)

I'm about to send in my resume right now, hope I get it.

yeah just send your resume and stop wasting time here! and give your professor a gift for the recommendation.

So you want to use me as a reference? :huh: I mean I don't know you but I can elevate you above Jesus himself. :p

I just came back from the interview and it went very well.

I learned that there's more to this job than I had thought. It won't be exclusively a production job (camera-work, editing, etc) but will be 50% managerial.

The position is a brand new and is part of a media services project that has been in the works for over a year now. So if I do get the job I will be in charge of all the student workers and the coordination of filming events - aswell as be expected to develop the program from it's infancy.

This has me so excited, I want it even more now. They're going to get back to me in late July when the interview process is over.

My advice? Sleep your way to the top. Even if their not the opposite sex to you. Its never worked for me personally, but it seems to work in films all the time. :woot:

Good luck, man. A strong recommendation from your Prof should help. In business, it's not what you know it's who you know 95% of the time. :up:

jag

Don't do it for the money though. The money should be your last deciding factor. I've learned from experience that making a decision on hopes of improving ones financial status usually backfires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"