IDW's Infestation 2 Lovecraftian Mega Crossover Event

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
IDW is releasing a monstrous new crossover event involving Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, G.I. Joe, 30 Days of Night, Dungeons & Dragons: Eberron, and a host of IDW owned characters vs. Lovecraftian Old Ones called Infestation 2.

The link below outlines everything and even has a host of awesome pics. What's cool is that this time around the different universes will actually interact with each other and they have selected some amazing creative teams (Tristan Jones for TMNT especially).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34889

I was a fan of the original Infestation that came out last year. It involved Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Pocket Gods, and a host of IDW owned characters vs. Zombies. Some of the issues were rather uneven and almost unrelated to each other but there were definitely some good reads in there. Here's the preview:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1415/

I am also digging the IDW-verse only follow up: Infestation: Outbreak through the first three issues. The fourth and final issue comes out soon. In this series the IDW characters are fighting an alliance of Aliens & Demons. Here's the preview:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1987/

I am really looking forward to this new crossover event. I think it might be the best line-up, creative talent, and choice of "infestation monster" (Lovecraftian Old Ones) to date. After reading that Chris Ryall interview it seems to me that they learned a lot from Infestation and Outbreak that they are applying to Infestation 2. I hope it translates as good as it sounds.

First Zombies, then Aliens & Demons, and now Lovecraftian Old Ones.

1318516074.jpg

1318516214.jpg

1318516169.jpg

Last edited:
I am way more excited for this than I thought I'd be. IDW is one of my favorite publishers, but I wasn't sure about this. But man, all the news around it has me pumped. Valentine de Landro on G.I. Joe? A return to TF: Hearts of Steel? The TMNT fighting side by side with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow? This is money well spent.

I am way more excited for this than I thought I'd be. IDW is one of my favorite publishers, but I wasn't sure about this. But man, all the news around it has me pumped. Valentine de Landro on G.I. Joe? A return to TF: Hearts of Steel? The TMNT fighting side by side with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow? This is money well spent.

Agreed dude. What about Tristan Jones on TMNT, he's one of the best TMNT writers out there. This is quite a creative line-up all around. It's also got some of the most interesting properties going. If it's half as good as it looks on paper it will be amazing.

Sounds good, but I'd rather everyone team up to battle Megatron & the Decepticons, COBRA, Khan, Venger, and the Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man instead of vampires or tentacle thingies. :p

Agreed dude. What about Tristan Jones on TMNT, he's one of the best TMNT writers out there. This is quite a creative line-up all around. It's also got some of the most interesting properties going. If it's half as good as it looks on paper it will be amazing.

To be honest with you, I'm not terribly familiar with Jones' writing. Most of my TMNT love comes from the video games. :woot:

I am looking forward to IDW's TMNT hardcover, though. I read some of the classic material when I was really young, but I wasn't nearly old enough to appreciate it (probably shouldn't have been bought for me, either, haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"