Homecoming If we went completely paperless, does the Bugle just produce an app or online news?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
If physical newspapers became a thing of the past (and they have been phased out in some circles where a monthly paper is produced), does the Daily Bugle just produce an app or news on the internet?

But then what sets them apart from any other news site?

And how about photos? Anyone can take a photo of something on their phones these days. Does this make Peter Parker redundant?

If the Bugle went paperless, would some people be out of jobs (mostly those in the print room)?

Peter would still have job because only he gets best photos of Spider-Man that Bugle like because he is Spider-Man.

Yeah, trying to get a good picture of Spider-Man with a phone would be pretty difficult.

they might turn into FOXNews-like news channel. I can somehow picture O'Reilly shouting: 'I want footage! Bring me footage of Spider-Man!' and the headline 'Spider-Man: Masked Muslim Menace'

Peter can't cover all angles with his camera though. His camera tends to be webbed in one fixed position. With phones, you get potentially dozens of people shooting from different vantage points and capturing different aspects of a battle. They would even have video footage.

I don't know if the Bugle would ever opt to go completely paperless though. I'm sure it would try to remain as long as possible in traditional format, but whether it will always be financially viable is another matter.

The Daily Bugle being an app would be a really neat little twist.

But I think they'll stick with it being a newspaper company. Maybe they'll have it being a failing newspaper and Peter's photos of Spider-Man saves it? That would be interesting.

I dunno. I just kinda hope they switch it up a little.

Peter can't cover all angles with his camera though. His camera tends to be webbed in one fixed position. With phones, you get potentially dozens of people shooting from different vantage points and capturing different aspects of a battle. They would even have video footage.

Phones still not get as good quality photos as Peter does because he web camera in vantage places where he know he'll get great shots of himself. Not as good as bystander photos on phones.

for me if in the mcu take the bugle isnt a full on paper released newspaper. It would make the most sense it would be online/with mobile apps and all those funky social media things. Plus maybe some televised stuff like we seen in the 90s cartoon or even ultimate spider-man toon. But even though the newspaper print world is slowly dying i still want them to be a print source for main go.

They can do both types. Have Bugle print newspaper and be online too.

ya as it is for most papers that are both print still and online ways.

I like the idea of the Daily Bugle successfully becoming a 21st century news source, utilizing websites, apps, television, and standard print. Also I think it would a lot more interesting to see Jameson yell his editorials on tv than read a headline. Maybe the Daily Bugle buys out WHiH News. Perhaps keeping the WHiH branding, I like having a separate generic 24 hour news channel seen throughout the MCU.

I also prefer the idea of Peter being hired to work on their website/app. I always felt the farther from the 60's we get, the photography angle just seems less likely, specially with smart phones today. And while it's great for plot devices, I just think web developer is like a more logical job for a teenager these days. Plus with some people's ignorance about technology he could easily manipulate how much work he supposedly has to as an alibi for his Spider-man activity.

Agreed that why Peter always have a job. He best photographer for Spider-Man photos.

Ya at least have the photo interest and photos get him bugle job and then play off he part time Web and part time photo work for bugle.

I like the idea of the Daily Bugle successfully becoming a 21st century news source, utilizing websites, apps, television, and standard print. Also I think it would a lot more interesting to see Jameson yell his editorials on tv than read a headline. Maybe the Daily Bugle buys out WHiH News. Perhaps keeping the WHiH branding, I like having a separate generic 24 hour news channel seen throughout the MCU.

I also prefer the idea of Peter being hired to work on their website/app. I always felt the farther from the 60's we get, the photography angle just seems less likely, specially with smart phones today. And while it's great for plot devices, I just think web developer is like a more logical job for a teenager these days. Plus with some people's ignorance about technology he could easily manipulate how much work he supposedly has to as an alibi for his Spider-man activity.

I think Peter working also as a web developer for the Bugle would be cool. It would kind of sound like the corny thing they might think of in the 60s that someone who becomes Spider-Man is a web developer, just like someone named Otto Octavius becomes Dr Octopus. But it's perfectly reasonable in this case.

Those with graphic design abilities (eg photo retouching and using Photoshop) usually also need to know web design as well, so it makes sense for Peter to have this combination of skills than just the single photography skill.

He was but I recall we barely ever saw him there.

I remember him a few times. I think he wear a pink shirt one time lol.

If Peter Parker was Clark Kent this would be more of an issue, but newspaper, app, or TV show, you still need dedicated photographers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"