If you thought 9/11 movies is "too soon"...

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
HBO Films and BBC Two have joined forces to make Tsunami, an ensemble drama about the disastrous flood that devastated the Andaman Coast in Thailand in late 2004, says Variety.

Tim Roth, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sophie Okonedo, Toni Collette, Hugh Bonneville and Gina McKee will star. Bharat Nalluri is directing.

Filming has just begun in the Thailand locations of Phuket and Khaolak. The film will premiere on the HBO and BBC Two at year's end.

Tsunami covers the disaster and its aftermath from the vantage point of survivors, media and relief workers. Abbi Morgan (Sex Traffic) wrote the script and Finola Dwyer will produce. Jane Featherstone and Derek Wax will executive produce.

Oh my god! How many times they will making movies about people's tragedy!

I am tired with these movies.

Let's make action figures of those 12 miners that died in West Virginia!:up:

Don't rule it out. There's a time when making a film about a tragic event is informative, & enlightens people. And there's a time when it's exploitative, in bad taste, & is nothing but an attempt to cash in on others' suffering.

The moment i saw Tatianic the musical, i felt a huge disrespect of what a tragitiy it truely was in the eyes of those horrible dancers! and Such horrible songs! It was like a comedy it was so stupid! and it shouldnt have been! Ahh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"