I'm going to be in a book! (non-superhero, kind of OT)

Anita18

DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
Reaction score
So, my friend follows the happenings of the comic world fairly frequently, and she wanted to collaborate with me on a women-only anthology being published next year by Friends of Lulu, a non-profit org dedicated toward female comic writers and artists. My friend is a kickass writer, and I'm a not-quite-nearly-kickass artist (but I'm working on it), so naturally we banded together on a project.

I severely underestimated how deep I would get into it though. I have an obsession with research, a tendency to make things more complicated than they are, and I'm a perfectionist to boot. Oh, and plus this was my first comic ever. I haven't slept or eaten well in the past two weeks, but I finally finished it all late last night/early this morning and emailed the editor, along with a profuse apology for submitting it a week after the deadline. :oldrazz:

An hour ago I got this email back:

Friends of Lulu editor said:
Thanks Anita! It looks gorgous, I'm glad it was worth the wait. We built a little time into the schedule for things to slide in past the deadline, so it wasn't a problem. I know cartoonists' habits. ^_^

For some reason I had always thought that it was supposed to be a contest of sorts, but apparently they are even less women in comics that I had assumed. :oldrazz: My coworker is a fan of superhero comics, and he could not think of even one female writer or artist in the industry...Can anyone think of any? I know that there are female comic artists (non-superhero), but my friend sort of pooh-poohed them since they make everything cute. This story is on the cute/funny side as well, but I wouldn't be against doing something in a noir style, which I love to look at.

Oh, and here's the last page to my comic for those who are interested - it's a story about Mulan.

pg9xy2.png

I like this a lot. it reminds of the art you see in japanese restaraunts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"