• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I'm writing a screen play and I need your help! (X-Men Oriented)

Majmun

Civilian
Reaction score
I have the chance to write a screen play about the 1996-1997 Chicago Bulls championship season! It mainly focuses on the NBA championship playoffs with the Utah Jazz. I will let you guys know what I have so far and would like your input.

Here is the cast:

Chicago Bulls Head Coach Phil Jackson: Randy Quaid
Michael Jordan: Will Smith
Scottie Pippen: Jaleel White
Dennis Rodman: Tom Cruise
Steve Kerr: Christian Slater
Ron Harper: Keenan Thompson

Utah Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan: Dennis Quaid
Karl Malone: Michael Clarke Duncan
John Stockton: Michael J. Fox
The rest of the team played by people that don't matter...

Brief synopsis of the story:

So the Chicago Bulls have had another great season and made it once again to the championship playoff against the Utah Jazz. Most of the sports press have really built this playoff series up with much hype and has become one of the most anticipated playoffs in NBA history.

The first game begins with a sold out crowd in attendance, most wanting to see the Chicago Bulls' star player DENNIS RODMAN. He has been on a roll this season and seems to be unstoppable. How will the Utah Jazz match up to him? During the fourth quarter of the first game, a tragedy happens as Michael Jordan's heart fails and he collapses on the court and dies. They carry him off and is never seen again. The game keeps going as if nothing happened. The good news is that Chicago wins the first game!

The second game begins a few days later and RODMAN is delivering the goods as promised. Another minor thing happened, which is that Coach Phil Jackson died the day before the game, so Scottie Pippen has taken over as coach and player. Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, and the Chicago Bulls bench warmers have had little input in the series so far, but RODMAN is all that really matters anyways because that's who everyone wants to see. Jordan who?

That's all I have for now. How should the rest of the games play out? I know this isn't how it really happened, but this is the movie verse so it doesn't really matter as long as there's plenty of special effects and action, right?

Pauluz said:
Have you seen X-Men: The Last Stand yet? Have you read the beginnings of my screen play? They're very similar.

Majmun said:
Have you seen X-Men: The Last Stand yet? Have you read the beginnings of my screen play? They're very similar.

yes I saw it, but it doesn't mean your story is X-Men related, hell we all could post topics that have nothing to do with the MOVIES.

Pauluz said:
yes I saw it, but it doesn't mean your story is X-Men related, hell we all could post topics that have nothing to do with the MOVIES.
It has everything to do with the movie.

Sure, I liked a lot of the action scenes and special effects, but the story was crap. Yes, this is the movie verse, not the comic verse but does that make it ok to change things so much? How hard would it be to stick to the original story?

People left the theater before it was over, and I could hear one guy on the other side saying "This is the worst one yet!" Even though I was so excited to see it and was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, I have to agree with him. It just didn't seem like an x-men movie. There was a guy that looked like Wolverine, but it wasn't Wolverine. Though his fight scenes were better, Wolverine isn't as kind hearted as he was portrayed. Storm isn't that annoying, is she? Meh, people have already complained about all this stuff, so I'll be quiet.

"That's all I have for now. How should the rest of the games play out? I know this isn't how it really happened, but this is the movie verse so it doesn't really matter as long as there's plenty of special effects and action, right?"

Am i the only one who thinks that you're having a dig at the X3 film????

Spideywithsai said:
"That's all I have for now. How should the rest of the games play out? I know this isn't how it really happened, but this is the movie verse so it doesn't really matter as long as there's plenty of special effects and action, right?"

Am i the only one who thinks that you're having a dig at the X3 film????
It seems like it. :confused:

What do the Chicago bulls have to do with X-Men???

Havok shows up to the Mansion looking for answers on his brothers supposed death.

Younger mutants (New Mutants) train in the Danger room, including Jubilee, Cannonball, and Sunspot.

Cyclops is being held captive by Mr. Sinister since the Alkali Lake incident.

Rogues powers start coming back, she accidentally absorbs the powers of flight, super-strength, invulerability. She inadvertantly kills the mutant in the process. She leaves the school once again, eventually meeting Gambit.

Gambit has ties to Mr. Sinister.

Iceman takes on a leadership role.

Kitty and Collossus start to form a relationship.

Finding out that the cure is actually only temporary, the Government starts to develop Sentinels, just in case another Alcatraz incident happens again.

The X-men find out Cyclops might still be alive.

Many mutants start to get there powers back and they are pissed. They ban together and once again attack Washington including Juggernaut, Pyro, Avalnche, Toad and the Blob (which is set up by Mr. Sinister), the Sentinels clean house, one group of X-Men are sent to deal with that.

A second group of X-men search for Cyclops and find him. The X-men fight a group of mutants (The Murauders). They rescue Cyclops but Angel is taken prisoner in the process.

Magneto searches for 2 mutants that might be his children. (Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver)

Mr. Sinister ressurects Apocolypse

This movie would just be the first half to a 2 part movie arc about Apocolypse like Matrix 2 and 3.

Majmun said:
People left the theater before it was over, and I could hear one guy on the other side saying "This is the worst one yet!" Even though I was so excited to see it and was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, I have to agree with him.
Lol same happened in my theatre exept the guy yelled "I HAVE CRABS" to get a few stupid laughs

supermarvelman said:
Havok shows up to the Mansion looking for answers on his brothers supposed death.

Younger mutants (New Mutants) train in the Danger room, including Jubilee, Cannonball, and Sunspot.

Cyclops is being held captive by Mr. Sinister since the Alkali Lake incident.

Rogues powers start coming back, she accidentally absorbs the powers of flight, super-strength, invulerability. She inadvertantly kills the mutant in the process. She leaves the school once again, eventually meeting Gambit.

Gambit has ties to Mr. Sinister.

Iceman takes on a leadership role.

Kitty and Collossus start to form a relationship.

Finding out that the cure is actually only temporary, the Government starts to develop Sentinels, just in case another Alcatraz incident happens again.

The X-men find out Cyclops might still be alive.

Many mutants start to get there powers back and they are pissed. They ban together and once again attack Washington including Juggernaut, Pyro, Avalnche, Toad and the Blob (which is set up by Mr. Sinister), the Sentinels clean house, one group of X-Men are sent to deal with that.

A second group of X-men search for Cyclops and find him. The X-men fight a group of mutants (The Murauders). They rescue Cyclops but Angel is taken prisoner in the process.

Magneto searches for 2 mutants that might be his children. (Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver)

Mr. Sinister ressurects Apocolypse

This movie would just be the first half to a 2 part movie arc about Apocolypse like Matrix 2 and 3.
This is very much how I invision X4, But I add the return of Nightcrawler

chaseter said:
What do the Chicago bulls have to do with X-Men???
Grrrr. The "screen play" I have come up with is about a legendary basketball team, but it has been completely re-worked. Things happen in my movie that didn't really happen. How would you like to have a movie about your favorite team, only it wasn't nearly accurate as to what happened? That's what happened with the X-Men. :p

i dont understand how it has to do wit x-men the opening isnt that similar...i don see any b-ball players visiting little girls and little b-ball players tryin to cut off there long legs..its jus me but otherwise i like the way ur goin wit ur screenplay cud be an interesting sports movie..

Secret_Riddle said:
i dont understand how it has to do wit x-men the opening isnt that similar...i don see any b-ball players visiting little girls and little b-ball players tryin to cut off there long legs..its jus me but otherwise i like the way ur goin wit ur screenplay cud be an interesting sports movie..
I'm going to get you, and I'll make it look like an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"