Transformers In your opinion which was the best Transformers toyline?

Wolvenom2099

Civilian
Reaction score
In your opinion which was the best Transformers toyline? Please explain why the toyline you picked is the best.

You may want to add the Alternators line to your poll. Alternators being the realistic detailed 1/24 scale REAL cars that transform into highly possable robots. To me they are the way G1 toys SHOULD have been :up:

AltHoundBotModeFrontview.jpg

Here is Hound, in robot mode.

AltHoundJeepmodefrontsideview.jpg

Here he is in Jeep Wrangler mode :)

I really liked Beast Wars. I had a whole **** load of them. Some of the Beast Machines were good too. I had some Robots in Disguise which were good, more faithful versions to G1. I got the Cybertron Optimus, and he is the best Optimus Prime ever. Optimal Optimus (above) owned. My friend gave me it for my moving-away-party.

This is a HUGE TOUGHIE for me...

Alternators has the best OVERALL molds, designs, and collectors appeal in my opinion. But Alternators suffers from too many repaints syndrome and no storyline to go with it.

G1 has the most memories and is closest to my heart, even with the low-to-no posability and the out-dated designs some of them have.

G2 was too bright and garish and plain cheesy in a lot of ways. Now the comics ruled, but the toys...man they were just so "eye catching" to put it nicely.

RID was a nice blend of G1, G2, BW, and BM toys. One of my favorite All-Time TF's comes from that line...RID Scourge (aka Dark Convoy). That toy alone makes RID amazing...not to mention the great Car Bros and various other toys.

Beast Wars didn't start getting good IMO until the Transmetals and Fuzors came along. The first year of BW toys, weren't that good, even though I have a bunch of them. Transmetal Megatron, Optimal Optimus, and Rampage are some of the best toys from that line and all deserve good recognition, IMO.

I only bought two Beast Machines toys...Tankor and Jetstorm. They only two good toys in that line, IMO.

Cybertron has some great stuff. Energon had a few good ones mixed in there...like Energon Galvatron. Armada...well I liked the Mini-Cons and like two molds...the rest was crap...again, IMO.

Dave McFly said:
You may want to add the Alternators line to your poll.
I agree!

The G1 toys will always have a special place in my heart. But take away the nostalgia and the Alternators line is better.

I can't believe the Alternators line wasn't included in the list. The omission makes me hate this thread.

*walks out*

Crimson Dynamo said:
I can't believe the Alternators line wasn't included in the list. The omission makes me hate this thread.

*walks out*

I agree, but that omission matters not since it still pales in comparison to G1 so leave! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"