Inbred Family Of 40 found in Australian Outback

201042311458453_76859_608.jpg

This is what came to mind first. What a hell of a messed up story.

I just can't imagine so many people doing this, much less for so many years as to produce a couple of generations, then add on just the way it seems the individuals in this group could barely function in society. It's baffling...

I find it interesting the article attributes the ongoing incest to it being genetic...starting from their great-great grandparents, who were brother and sister, who apparently passed it down.

I find it interesting the article attributes the ongoing incest to it being genetic...starting from their great-great grandparents, who were brother and sister, who apparently passed it down.
I must have missed something...where did they say that?

I must have missed something...where did they say that?

I don't recall the article saying that the incest and inbreeding are genetic, but those behaviors certainly were passed down through generations in that family through intergenerational sexual abuse. That is not uncommon in such situations, sadly, as some incest victims will in turn victimize other relatives.

What they didn't realise was the children were the result of intimate relations between brothers and sisters, and uncles and nieces and fathers and daughters. Their family threw back to a set of great-great grandparents who were a brother and sister.

The family compulsion was regenerating itself.

It didn't say genetic. I was using that word in the broad sense of hereditary and behaviors.

le sigh...and you return "grammar legislator". I had thought you were gone...but alas you have returned.

le sigh...and you return "grammar legislator". I had thought you were gone...but alas you have returned.
It has nothing to do with grammar. It's purely conceptual - and reflective of a much deeper issue regarding scientific literacy. *Shrug*

I don't recall the article saying that the incest and inbreeding are genetic, but those behaviors certainly were passed down through generations in that family through intergenerational sexual abuse. That is not uncommon in such situations, sadly, as some incest victims will in turn victimize other relatives.
Ya it's more of a cultural thing. If you're raised in a house where everybody's banging each other, you think that's okay and do it yourself.

Is there a Hype award for most off putting thread created in a given year? Cuz I think this and the 82 year old woman with a 40 year old fetus thread would be battling for the top spot.

This story is the reason why truth is often stranger than fiction. This is all kinds of messed up, quite frankly.

This all means nothing to me until I can see pictures of them.

It is quite Disturbing how the town people never had any clue about the **** taking place next to them over generations and then use to make inbred jokes on these people .

It is quite Disturbing how the town people never had any clue about the **** taking place next to them over generations and then use to make inbred jokes on these people .

"Moving state to state, possibly to evade detection, the scandal only came to light when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn't attend school."

They didn't stay in the same place over generations. The places where they lived were also far enough from the town that they didn't even have running water or electricity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"