Sequels Incorporating the 60's Spider-Man theme song

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
I wanted to know what you all think about for the Spider-Man 4 marketing campaign, they should incorporate the 60's Spider-Man song into the teaser trailer.

I know it's early to discuss teaser trailers of all things, but I think it would be a great way to re-introduce the character, if you will. And the song has to be the exact 60's version, no Aerosmith remakes (yuk).

The whole teaser trailer has the song playing and shows Spider-Man in action, with cutaways of the characters at the right time, a few glimpses of the villian(s) at the end, and viola, you have a re-established version of Spider-Man with filmakers making a bold statement saying essentially to get ready for a fun, action-packed, wise cracking Spider-Man.

The song resonates to people because they all know the song and subconsciously relate to a funner Spider-Man. It's simply an energetic song.

Just wondering your thoughts.:spidey: (There's a few renditions on youtube check them out, 90's song too!)

Last edited:
That song does capture the atmosphere of spiderman perfectly. As you said, it just has this vibe of fun to it.

I wouldnt mind a slightly modernized version though. But it has to mention that he's got radioactive blood. I always liked that.

Hmmm, I don't know about putting it in the actual main theme. They have put it in here and there in the movie but I guess I'd have to think about that. . . .Okay I have. . .I grew up on that theme and I don't think it works trying to force it in there. Just my opinion.

No. The last thing that we need is more juvenile offerings. :dry:

It would be cool in the beginning of the teaser... and then the "funny" music slowly vanishes... we see a glimpse of the Lizard and we hear a sound/music that is more typical for teaser trailers, like "lacrimosa" or "trinity" or something...

No. No, no, no. Listening to the song in my head, I had quick flashes of Peter dancing his way trough the streets of NY. AGAIN.

No way.

But I like what you're suggesting. Spidey films do need to 'loosen up'. And Spidey needs more wise quips :cmad:

It would be cool in the beginning of the teaser... and then the "funny" music slowly vanishes... we see a glimpse of the Lizard and we hear a sound/music that is more typical for teaser trailers, like "lacrimosa" or "trinity" or something...

I like it. The point is - is to allude to the Spider-Man people know and love. I like how it would fade into more cooler music.

BTW, I can't believe many of you are associating the song with the sillyness of Peter dancing, etc. Why? It's the original Spider-Man song! Well, everyone has their opinion.

I can't believe many of you are associating the song with the silliness of Peter dancing, etc. Why?
They're both for children; cute, snappy and whimsically corny.

And we don't need these elements associated with the next film, we've seen far too much of it thus far.

Yeah, they need to make it more liek teh Batman!!! [/noob]

No, more like Spider-Man. Less like Hannah Montana meets Ben 10.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Keep the 60's music out.

great idea! :) it is Spidey thru an thru
a great advertising idea
I honestly dont mind if the movies started like that aswel-like the Bond's do
better than the long drawn out ones,then we can get on with the films with everyone ready for Spidey action!:word:

I don't think it would fit well, but as another user said, they could have it at the very beginning then slowly switch, but still, I don't think it would work. However, I still love the song.

it fits well in the clip
would also in the ad
it's jus Spidey that everyone knows
I'd rather the music doesnt fade away into something more 'cool' lol

great idea! :) it is Spidey thru an thru
a great advertising idea
I honestly dont mind if the movies started like that aswel-like the Bond's do
better than the long drawn out ones,then we can get on with the films with everyone ready for Spidey action!:word:

Thanks dude!:yay: That's what I'm talking about, it's marketing idea to get people excited about Spider-Man again.

I love this idea personally!!
I have thought of this myself but instead of 60s spidey theme they'd use the 90s spidey TAS theme (Heh, Im a 90s kid :hehe: )...but i wouldn't mind the 60s spidey theme. I think Spider-man is obviously a huge part of pop culture and its really a nice way to bringing in all that nostalgic goodness imo.
Having an old spidey tune in the teaser has nothing to do with the film's quality however, I really like that but most likely it won't happen.

And it will get people excited again. If I saw a TV spot that had the old spider-man theme I listened to as a cartoon I would get so excited!!

For instance something similar to this!! :up: :up:

Nah, the Simpsons Movie ruined any chance of incorporating the old Spider-Man theme.

And no more cheesiness after Peter Parker dancing around in SM3

If you're talking about using the Spider-Man theme for comedic effect, Raimi already did that.
I know. The original poster suggested it be seriously incorporated into the score, but it couldn't be taken seriously now because The Simpsons Movie did a mock-serious Spider-Pig theme.

To me it's like including the nah-nah-nah-nah Neal Hefti bat-theme for the TDK sequel trailer.

If you're talking about using the Spider-Man theme for comedic effect, Raimi already did that.

With awful results. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"