Inevitable Bin Laden Films

Bigelow as the director and Edgerton in a main role? Well color me at least a little interested.

Kyle Chandler Joining Kathryn Bigelow’s Hunt For Bin Laden Picture

EXCLUSIVE: Kyle Chandler is the latest name to join the ensemble of the untitled Kathryn Bigelow-directed drama about the Navy SEAL Team 6′s long hunt for Osama bin Laden. That hunt culminated with the fatal shooting last year of the Al-Qaeda leader and mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I’ve heard that Chandler will be playing a CIA agent, but nobody has confirmed any of the cast Deadline has revealed on the film, so you’ll have to take my word for it.

Source

Bigelow's Bin Laden Set Stormed

Members of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad group protest the production.

March 2, 201

Controversy has been stirring on Kathryn Bigelow's hunt for Osama Bin Laden pic since Day One, but now it sounds like members of the Indian right-wing Vishwa Hindu Parishad group stormed the set today during the production's shoot in India.

Tentatively retitled Zero Dark Thirty, Bigelow's film was reportedly only on its fourth day of filming in the city of Chandigarh when the protest occurred. However, Deadlinehttp://www.deadline.com/2012/03/kat...-gets-working-title-zero-dark-thirty-reports/ notes that Bigelow herself was not on set at the time.

Bin Laden was killed last year in Abbottabad, Pakistan, but since the crew wasn't permitted to shoot there, Sony Pictures and Annapurna Pictures decided to send them to Chandligarh as a stand-in for Lahore. Following this decision, Hindu radicals became very upset about the filmmakers portraying their sworn enemies of Pakistan on Indian soil. Nevertheless, the production will continue filming, despite today's incident.

This isn't the first disputehttp://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1210277p1.html that the filmmakers have had to face. The Pentagon is currently investigating charges made by Rep. Peter King that Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal were privy to undisclosed information on the Bin Laden mission.

As a result, the film will now be released in December rather than its original October date, pushing it back until after this year's presidential election.

The film's cast is said to include Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Kyle Chandler, Edgar Ramirez, Chris Pratt, Guy Pearce, Mark Strong, Jennifer Ehle and Nash Edgerton.

Who is playing Bin Laden in this movie?

Add Scott Adkins to part of an already amazing sounding cast.

Scott Adkins ‏ @TheScottAdkins

Just back from shooting new Kathryn Bigelow movie, what an amazing experience!

Wow with that cast this sounds like a straight action movie.

Wow with that cast this sounds like a straight action movie.

I hope for a mix between a Munich/Body of Lies political thriller and a Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down war film. Something expansive. Epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"