Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=16243

Release Date:
March 19, 2008

Studio: New Line Cinema
Director: Iain Softley
Screenwriter: David Lindsay-Abaire
Starring: Brendan Fraser, Paul Bettany, Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, Andy Serkis, Rafi Gavron, Sienna Guillory
Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Plot Summary: "Inkheart" revolves around a girl whose father has the power to bring characters from books to life by reading aloud. When a villainous ruler and his band of rogues from a children's fable kidnap the man, his daughter and her friends, both real and imaginary, must rescue him. Playwright David Lindsay-Abaire penned the bigscreen adaptation of German author Cornelia Funke's fantasy novel, the first of a trilogy. "Inkspell" was published last fall, and "Inkdawn" will be out next year.

Trailer (12.9.07):
QuickTime, Hi-Res
QuickTime, Med-Res
Windows Media Player, Hi-Res
Windows Media Player, Med-Res
Flash Player

hmmm...I won't be going to see this in theaters...looks like a wait to cable thing for me...if that.

I thought the trailer looked great, however the story sounds a little lame and the title is lame too, these are books? Are they any good?

it's a trilogy
third book not out yet
there're good but not great

its ok.. i dont see it worthy as a trilogy though

It looks like Never Ending Story, if it was a mindless hollywood film...
I'll pass. :o

A couple months back I was at a movie theater and some guy offered me tickets to a test screening of Inkheart. I turned it down because I thought the story was kinda lame and the guy told me the special effects weren't even close to being done. I don't know if I should regret making that decision or not.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48990

New Inkheart Trailer Revealed
Source: New Line Cinema
September 17, 2008

New Line Cinema has debuted the new trailer for Inkheart online. Directed by Iain Softley, the fantasy-adventure stars Brendan Fraser, Paul Bettany, Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent, Andy Serkis and Eliza Hope Bennett.

Based on the book by Cornelia Funke, the January 9 release is a timeless adventure tale of imagination that centers on Meggie, a young girl whose father has a secret ability to bring characters from books to life when he reads them aloud. But when a power-hungry villain from a rare children's fable kidnaps Meggie's father to bring others out of the boundaries of fiction, she and a disparate group of friends both real and magic embark on the kind of adventure she has only read about in books to save him and set things right.

You can watch the trailer in High Definition QuickTime here and in Flash format here!

w03zp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"