• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inmate Rips Own Eye Out. Claims He Ate It

Reaction score
A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye, authorities said Friday.

Andre Thomas told officers he ate it.

Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas similarly had plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and had him taken to the unit infirmary.

"Thomas said he pulled out his eye and subsequently ingested it," agency spokesman Jason Clark said Friday.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility southwest of Houston.

"He will finally be able to receive the mental health care that we had wanted and begged for from day 1," Bobbie Peterson-Cate, Thomas' trial attorney, told the Sherman Herald Democrat. "He is insane and mentally ill. It is exactly the same reason he pulled out the last one."

Thomas does not have an execution date.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in October upheld his conviction and death sentence for the death of 13-month-old Leyha Marie Hughes. Also killed March 27, 2004, were his wife, Laura Christine Boren, 20, and their son, Andre Lee, 4.

Thomas, from Texoma, walked into the Sherman Police Department and told a dispatcher he had just murdered the three and had stabbed himself in the chest.

Thomas told police how he put his victims' hearts in his pocket and left their apartment, took them home, put them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6202701.html

It's stories like this that make me wish there was a puking smiley.:o

Ew...I think Im gonna puke :csad: :o ...wow this would be the perfect time to put that puking smilie...heh

Christ, that is absolutely disgusting.

"Thomas told police how he put his victims' hearts in his pocket and left their apartment, took them home, put them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash."

Good idea. Don't want to get blood all over the garbage.

Why not eat your bad eye. Why go after the good one?

This is just disgusting.

*I think I'm going to be sick now*

Interesting, I wonder if it was salty cause you know when you have cried you taste tears and there a lil salty.

He's blind now, eh? I least we know how he lost his other eye...
JokersMagicTrick.gif

I can't say how I know, but I sort of know this guy. He was an VERY sick cat. Legally, I can't say how, but He's very VERY crazy. I received an pretty frantic phonecall when he plucked out his first eye. I'm surprised nobody called me on this one.

This guy's got introspection alright

That guys gonna get skull-f***ed.

I like that he was not put into the psychiatric unit until he tore out his second eye. Apparently tearing out one eye is normal behavior, but tearing out two is crazy. Eating it likely helped make the case.

They really should have realized he was insane earlier.

A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye, authorities said Friday.

Andre Thomas told officers he ate it.

Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas similarly had plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and had him taken to the unit infirmary.

"Thomas said he pulled out his eye and subsequently ingested it," agency spokesman Jason Clark said Friday.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility southwest of Houston.

"He will finally be able to receive the mental health care that we had wanted and begged for from day 1," Bobbie Peterson-Cate, Thomas' trial attorney, told the Sherman Herald Democrat. "He is insane and mentally ill. It is exactly the same reason he pulled out the last one."

Thomas does not have an execution date.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in October upheld his conviction and death sentence for the death of 13-month-old Leyha Marie Hughes. Also killed March 27, 2004, were his wife, Laura Christine Boren, 20, and their son, Andre Lee, 4.

Thomas, from Texoma, walked into the Sherman Police Department and told a dispatcher he had just murdered the three and had stabbed himself in the chest.

Thomas told police how he put his victims' hearts in his pocket and left their apartment, took them home, put them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6202701.html

It's stories like this that make me wish there was a puking smiley.:o

Will this do?

a-vomit-smiley-014.gif

The good thing in all of this is that he has completely run out of eyeballs and most likely will not be able to do this again . The other good thing is that he is on death row and I wish him nothing but pain and misery because he is a sick **** .

The good thing in all of this is that he has completely run out of eyeballs and most likely will not be able to do this again . The other good thing is that he is on death row and I wish him nothing but pain and misery because he is a sick **** .

He'll probably try to swallow his tongue next.

Wow that's messed up. What annoys me is that the authorities did not deem him insane before.

I wonder if he was on drugs, how can you rip your own eye out? That would freaking hurt, I know I could never do that.

I can also see why he was able to have a wife and children...:whatever:

Hardcore. They should let him out right now for being a bad****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"