Interesting PS3 Q&A

Ice-man

Sidekick
Reaction score
PS3 Q&A
A handful of questions answered.

news comes from ign, link - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/742/742508p1.html

October 30, 2006 - Sony has posted a question and answer feature at its official Japanese PlayStation 3 site. While the feature doesn't answer the one question we're really wondering -- where can I pre-order the darn thing!? -- there are a few points of interest, which we've translated below.

Q: What's the PS3 system color?

A: The current model is Clear Black only. We're looking into future color variations.

Q: How much power does the system consume?

A: At most, about 380 W (60GB and 20GB)

Q: Can you use PlayStation and ps2 controllers on the PS3?

A: You can't.

Q: How many SIXAXIS wireless controllers can be connected simultaneously?

A: Using Bluetooth wireless communication technology, up to 7 people can play simultaneously.

Q: Can you charge the SIXAXIS during play?

A: Yes

Q: Can you replace the SIXAXIS wireless controller battery?

A: The battery is made to be removable for when recycling it. Do not remove the screws aside from when recycling the battery.

Q: If you use the Memory Card Adapter, can you copy save data from the PS3 hard disk to a Memory Card?

A: The save data on the PS3 hard disk can't be copied to memory card using the memory card adapter. (Note that you can exchange data back and forth between memory card formats like SD and Memory Stick)

Q: Can you expand the 20 Gigabyte model with Wireless LAN after purchase?

A: Not currently.

Q: Can you play back CPRM DVDs?

A: Yes (CPRM is a form of copyright protection)

Q: Can you record television programs to the PS3 HDD?

A: The PS3 does not have a tuner and so cannot record television broadcasts to the HDD.

Q: What other languages can you set for language output?

A: From the settings menu, you can select Japanese, English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish for display and character input. You can also set Korean for display.

So there you go! Portuguese support from day one!

We'll also point the thing about the 20 Gig model not being upgradeable with Wireless LAN at launch. This will presumably change in the future, but for the time being, the only way to use the PSP as a remote media player will be to have the 60 Gig model.

^ ehh it needed a title, I couldnt think of anything at the time of posting

I'm going to put my name on the line right now and say that we will never see a PS3 game that supports more than 4 players at the same time using more than 4 controllers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"