Is there something wrong here?

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
I gave the short story of this in the lounge, but I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this.

I was leaving my apartment with my room mate and friend, until we saw a man and woman across the street. It looked like that man was grabbing hold of the woman and she began to struggle. I opened the door and told him to back off. The women herself looked rough, in the sense of she would be involved with the wrong people as he was. I told the guy to get lost because I was just about to call the police. I called the police and they said they were on their way.

I informed the man that they were coming, hoping he would leave go of the woman. At this stage the woman has now grabbed a hold of him and would not leave him go. It appeared she knew him and said something about him holding drugs, but he was still being very rough with her and started choking her at one point, but she was still holding on to him. I didn't interfere as by now I knew they knew each other and both involved in something bigger. Best guess was, they were fighting over drugs. I wasn't risking my life for that.

I called the police again(almost 10 mins later) and the man on the phone said they are trying to get a squad car to come and he asked for the address of the place again. The police man said he couldn't see anything on the ctv and I told him they are further out from it. He told me a officer would arrive soon.

Next the man came up to the door with the woman holding on to him, asking me to call the police(the door was locked and he wanted in also). I told him I did and he didn't believe me. Another 5 mins passed and I called the police AGAIN. The man on the phone said one should be along shortly.

I was pissed off at this point because there are 3 police stations near me, one being right across the road. I'm not kidding, it's a 20 second walk. The city I live in is tiny and a cop should of arrived within the 5-10min mark.

The man then chased the woman down the street. And there was still no sight of the police. I walked outside and got into my friends car and we left. As we were leaving, we saw a cop car pulled over at the side of the road talking to the man. I felt happy knowing the scumbag was caught, but get this...On our way home the man was outside some take away place hanging with his friends.

Is there something wrong with the police here? Shouldn't they have been faster? When I was talking on the phone I felt like I was ordering a taxi. For all they knew, it could of been some innocent teenager getting raped or a mother getting mugged....

Well to be fair if you gave them an accurate description of what was going on then they knew it wasn't a mother getting mugged or a teen getting raped. Cops have to prioritize too and I'm not sure what sort of system they use in Ireland to do so or what sort of situations the police had to deal with at that time but a wait is expected.

Although I want to commend you for doing the right thing and trying to stay out of the situation as much as possible and leaving the police to do their job even though you felt like it was taking them a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"