James Mangold to Direct Cyclops

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43032
Source: Variety
March 18, 2008

Warner Bros. has acquired film rights to the Alexis Nolent graphic novel "Cyclops" and will develop it as a feature vehicle for director James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma), reports Variety.

Cathy Konrad will produce with Alexandra Milchan.

Set in the near future, the actioner concerns mercenary forces whose soldiers wear Cyclops-like cameras in their helmets and broadcast in real time to both central command and living rooms. One mercenary chosen to lead an elite squad begins to realize he isn't fighting for freedom and justice as much as for commerce.

"It is an electrifying package you find in the best sci-fi: great action sequences combined with themes that are eminently foreseeable," Mangold told the trade.

Said Konrad: "This is something that Warner Bros. wants to move very quickly on. We already have a shortlist of screenwriters and will be out to people in the next week."

Ive never read the book but it Sounds awesome and ive enjoyed all of Mangold's work so far.

Well Mangold managed to make a movie with Stallone, Keitel, DeNiro and Liotta dull as **** (copland) and 3:10 to Yuma was good because of the actors, the visual directing was nothing special.
And the story to this one sounds kinda meh.

I liked Copland, I loved Walk The Line, I loved Yuma, and I'm sure I'll like this. Doesn't sound like the type of film that's being rushed out, though.

Well Mangold managed to make a movie with Stallone, Keitel, DeNiro and Liotta dull as **** (copland) and 3:10 to Yuma was good because of the actors, the visual directing was nothing special.
And the story to this one sounds kinda meh.

I have to say i disagree with you on all counts for the second time this morning bro. :cwink:

I liked Copland, I loved Walk The Line, I loved Yuma, and I'm sure I'll like this. Doesn't sound like the type of film that's being rushed out, though.

Rushed out ? it's says they want to move on it now but that doesn't mean it'll be rushed hopefully, WB and Mangold have not been that way in recent projects.

isn't is sad that whenever i see the word cyclops I think x men :p

Rushed out ? it's says they want to move on it now but that doesn't mean it'll be rushed hopefully, WB and Mangold have not been that way in recent projects.

I didn't read the entire article. I apologize. There's a certain level of quality I expect with Mangold's film's, and he's a really good director.

I was thinking of the mythological creature who hasn't been seen on screen for quite some time .

They better change this name. I can already see another lawsuit coming. Fox will say only they have the rights to the character cyclops.

The story sounds like another Sci-Fi action-thriller, but I liked most of Magold's movies and I have nothing against this project right now :up:

Same here, I've only found what the cover looks like, no place to purchase.

I wonder if it was ever actually translated to an English language version.

The cover reminds me of Master Chief.

685zy8.jpg

If James Marsden gets the lead role, I'll forget X-Men 3 ever happened. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"