Jason Statham Wants To Be Daredevil

Well... a sumo wrestler can't be any worse than suggestions of Triple H for Thor... or... ugh, Cena for Cap. :csad:

Not really cause Kingpin is really, really fat. He's strong and muscle underneath but that dud is fat we need a sumo wrestler cast:D

Lolz. I'd seriously hate to be the casting agent with the brief to find a sumo wrestler who's also an academy award nominee.

Funny thing is though that as Fisk, MCD was fat with muscle underneath. He put on 40 pounds (increasing his weight to 330 lbs) by power lifting and 'eating whatever he wanted'.

Michael_Clarke_Duncan-large.jpg

Funny thing is though that as Fisk, MCD was fat with muscle underneath. He put on 40 pounds (increasing his weight to 330 lbs) by power lifting and 'eating whatever he wanted'.
Yeah, fat with muscle would be accurate :woot:

I can definitely see him as daredevil. But matt? Now that's a differant story, he can fight n he's believable, but playing a blind man? There's where I draw the line.

That's right. He'll have to pretend to be blind as well as a great lawyer.

Matt's definitely beyond Staham since I don't think he could do either convincingly never mind simultaneously.

That's right. He'll have to pretend to be blind as well as a great lawyer. Matt's definitely beyond Staham since I don't think he could do either convincingly never mind simultaneously.
These days, I would tend to expect that if a good or not so good actor really wants to be a certain character, they would try very hard to portray that character faithfully.

Look at Judge Dredd. Stallone was actually well cast, but unfortunately he was too well known and had to remove his helmet. Nevertheless, you can see throughout the movie that he was really ejoying himself, and as a result he did an adequate job through the shortcomings of the bad script, poor casting, and weak direction.

I recently saw Death Race, and Statham aint as good an actor as I thought. But whether or not he is cast as the next Daredevil, no doubt he and the filmmakers will pay attention to the fanboy outcry (or support) and try his damndest to best play a blind lawyer as well as Ben Affleck or Rex Smith did.

Heyyyy, wait I just thought of something. Statham as Dredd! Even better!

Last edited:
These days, I would tend to expect that if a good or not so good actor really wants to be a certain character, they would try very hard to portray that character faithfully.

That won't matter if they don't have the skills necessary to back up their passion.

Look at Judge Dredd. Stallone was actually well cast, but unfortunately he was too well known and had to remove his helmet.
Didn't Stallone want to remove his helmet?

I agree he had potential in the role.

Nevertheless, you can see throughout the movie that he was really ejoying himself, and as a result he did an adequate job through the shortcomings of the bad script, poor casting, and weak direction.
Diana Lane and Armand Assante were good.

The script, props and the special effects had enormous potential. It just didn't get very far in reaching it.

They made it much like a light comedy, though.

If a Dredd movie has to have humor in it it should be incredibly dark.

I recently saw Death Race, and Statham aint as good an actor as I thought.
He is a good actor I just think he's very limited in ability.

But whether or not he is cast as the next Daredevil, no doubt he and the filmmakers will pay attention to the fanboy outcry (or support)
Maybe.

It depends on who they hire to make it.

Their passion will be for naught if they don't have the proper skill for the franchise, though. That's how we got the last DD film.The franchise deserves better then a repeat.

and try his damndest to best play a blind lawyer as well as Ben Affleck

Affleck had the opposite problem as Statham. He was good Murdock, mediocre DD.

He shouldn't be that hard to replace, though. Affleck's hardly the best actor in Hollywood.

or Rex Smith did.
Never saw that. Is it true he had a blindfold and dressed in black?

Heyyyy, wait I just thought of something. Statham as Dredd! Even better!
Statham would fit Dredd more then DD.

Luc Besson should direct the next one.

Last edited:
"Statham would fit Dredd more then DD. Luc Besson should direct the next one."

Hmmmm...Interesting....

Last edited:
oO( i thinks jason statham as daredevil would be awesome .. ) *grins*

The Dredd movie committed the cardinal sin - they showed Dredds face. 'Nuff said. 20+ years on comicbook lore down the toilet in the first 15 minutes.

Whether it was the studios mandate or Stallones; the fact is that as soon as they did that, what could've been the 1st amazing 2000AD adaption just became a standard Stallone action movie.

I never understood why Stallone just didnt play both Dredd and Rico. After all, Rico is a clone of Dredd and the two are supposed to be identical yet they got Assante to play him.

If Stallone had played both roles then he could have had his face on show for Rico and kept his helmet on for Dredd. It wouldnt have been too hard.

Anyway - I could buy Jason as Dredd. Definately.

Everyone would have been happy.

If Statham put on some ruby shades, grew out and dyed his hair and lost the accent, I bet he'd be a decent Murdock.

Daredevil, certainly.
He just would have to sound like someone raised in Hell's Kitchen, not the London boonies.

Whatever it takes to get the ball rolling, really. There's worse choices out there. I think, given his current popularity with the action junkies, he might just help dig this movie out from the neglectful shape Affleck/Garner left the series in.

Megan Fox for Elektra?
(Or someone that could actually look like Elektra, and act like she's not a suburban housewife?)
=P

Or they could do Murdock's blind g/f... what's her name...

Last edited:
Megan Fox for Elektra?(Or someone that could actually look like Elektra, and act like she's not a suburban housewife?)
If Megan Fox had an ounce of acting ability. I'd cast her as Echo.

Wasn't Morena Baccarin the fan favorite to be Elektra?

If Statham put on some ruby shades, grew out and dyed his hair and lost the accent, I bet he'd be a decent Murdock.

Even if he looks closer to Murdock why bother when there are much more skilled actors who look much closer to the role then he does?

It'll take more then looking like Murdock to be a good Murdock. He'll have to convincingly act blind and be a good lawyer. Both are things he's never come close to duplicating in other roles.

Not that we should settle for a decent Murdock. It should be a great Murdock and DD, not one or the other.

Daredevil, certainly.
He just would have to sound like someone raised in Hell's Kitchen, not the London boonies.

Which wouldn't be an issue with a more skilled actor.

Whatever it takes to get the ball rolling, really. There's worse choices out there. I think, given his current popularity with the action junkies,

Just because there are worse choices doesn't mean we should settle for Statham.

There are many more qualified actors who should get a shot the role before he should get it.

I think, given his current popularity with the action junkies,

DD isn't your average action junkie movie franchise. You can't just put anyone in the roles and expect it to do well.

he might just help dig this movie out from the neglectful shape Affleck/Garner left the series in.

Or he could make another terrible movie the DD franchise has to deal with.
Megan Fox for Elektra?
(Or someone that could actually look like Elektra, and act like she's not a suburban housewife?)
=P

Or they could do Murdock's blind g/f... what's her name...

Fox shoudn't be anywhere near DD.

Last edited:
That's right. He'll have to pretend to be blind as well as a great lawyer.

Matt's definitely beyond Staham since I don't think he could do either convincingly never mind simultaneously.

My choice for a reboot would be Guy Pierce as Matt. I just don't see Staham as Matt unless cannon somehow got the rights back!(LOL) :word:

He'd make a far better Bullseye
interesting but I always thought Daniel Day lewis would make a great bullseye. Just watch him as Bill the Butcher in Gangs of new york and you will know why.
:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"