If Doug Jones is supposedly playing The Silver Surfer then...

NinjaTurtleFan

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Would you want him to voice him as well or give it to someone else? There were rumors that Keanau Reeves was going to voice him but I guess those died out.

I kind of wanted Jason Statham to play Silver Surfer but if he were to play him he'd have to lose the accent.

Doug has a wonderful voice and I think he'd do a great job as Silver Surfer in both body and voice roles.

Now, before people start in about Abe being voiced by David Hyde Pierce, that was a decision made by the studio suits. Doug WILL be doing the voice of Abe in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
Doug has a wonderful voice and I think he'd do a great job as Silver Surfer in both body and voice roles.

Now, before people start in about Abe being voiced by David Hyde Pierce, that was a decision made by the studio suits. Doug WILL be doing the voice of Abe in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army.

>^^<

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Since we didn't hear his voice in Hellboy, I have no idea what he sounds like, so I couldn't even say if he should.

TripleF said:
Theres alot of threads on Doug Jones around here. Is he confirmed?
*grumble*

No yet.

For those curious what Doug sounds like, check out here: http://www.goknockknock.com/video/index.html

This is a movie he was filming last month that Clothespin Films is hoping a studio will become interested in and fund this little project of theirs. Here's to hoping.

>^^<

I have got to tell you guys that if Doug is not confirmed as yet it might mean that he is not the only guy up for the role, there may be someone else interested that the studio is looking at.

This does not make sense. Filming has started and we don't know all the cast, now this is weird!

Doug is listed in the cast on fs-film.fi (the Finnish distributor of Fox films).

http://www.fs-film.fi/showPage.php?page_id=1087&movieId=1189 said:
Pääosissa
Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Chris Evans (Johnny Storm/The Human Torch), Jessica Alba (Susan Storm/Invisible Woman), Michael Chiklis (Ben Grimm/The Thing), Julian McMahon (Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom), Doug Jones (Silver Surfer/Norrin Radd) & Kerry Washington (Alicia Masters)

Rac said:
Doug is listed in the cast on fs-film.fi (the Finnish distributor of Fox films).

He's also listed on IMDb, but only as rumored. Listen, if/when Doug is actually confirmed, either myself or Hellmistress (more than likely her) will announce it here on the boards.

>^^<

TripleF said:
I would hope that Fox would announce it, rather than him or someone from a website.

Fox's announcement of whoever would stop all of this crazy speculation. I wish they would just do it.

True, but when Fox announces it, who knows when it'll show up on the boards. Hellmistress will hear it directly from Doug himself since she's his webmaster and then she'll let the rest of us know.

>^^<

TripleF said:
I understand that, I'm not talking about who's first, as much as I'm talking about what's official.

If Hellmistress says it's official, then it's official.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
If Hellmistress says it's official, then it's official.

>^^<

It may be true if she announces it, but it isn't "official" until Fox acknowledeges it.

gerbstat said:
It may be true if she announces it, but it isn't "official" until Fox acknowledeges it.

She won't post anything until Fox says it's official. Doing otherwise could cause a lot of problems for Doug.

>^^<

In a way, everyone is right. See, this is what happens usually when Doug is signed for a project - he gets the official word and lets me know. EVERYTHING I put up on the site in the way of announcements HAS to be correct, to keep everyone happy, legally and otherwise.

And being an archivist/historian by trade, I'm a stickler for getting the details right - it's a pain in the bum when I see a film that's historically incorrect, but with a website such as Doug's it stands me in good stead. I'm all about the facts - nothing but the facts.

So, regarding Doug's latest project (and no, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything :D) - until I get the go-ahead from the studio I say nothing. Any delay in announcements for this or any project lies firmly and totally with the studios, for whatever their reason may be.

HM

i thought Keanu Reeves was actually gonna be the Silver Surfer

if so they should have Patrick Swayze in it and show him some Point Break surfing skills. Just kidding.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
Would you want him to voice him as well or give it to someone else? There were rumors that Keanau Reeves was going to voice him but I guess those died out.

I kind of wanted Jason Statham to play Silver Surfer but if he were to play him he'd have to lose the accent.

How about Doug Jones voices him? Jason Statham sucks.

So why did all the Doug Jones threads disappear?
What's up with this?

gerbstat said:
So why did all the Doug Jones threads disappear?
What's up with this?

Maybe because one's enough for a guy that Fox hasn't even confirmed yet. :cwink:

cool little thing about Doug Jones, a guy in my theater class went to school with him, and is good friends with him...just thought I'd throw that out there :o

Okay, so who is this Doug Jones fella? I've never heard of him.

KingOfDreams said:
Okay, so who is this Doug Jones fella? I've never heard of him.

you may know him as Abe Sapien in Hellboy :o

TheShadowCat said:

Woah, what? I liked Pierce doing Abe's voice. It fit the character. It's going to be strange to hear a different voice. Anyway, I've looked through his website and it doesn't make sense to me how so many people seem to know who he is on here since based on his filmography it would appear he's played small roles and often roles with lots of makeup and prosthetics on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"