Jeff Dunham & Achmed - "Jingle Bombs"

Moviefan2k4

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Jeff's comedy for over ten years, and while I don't always agree with the things he says (or rather, his characters), more often than not he makes me laugh. The following clip features one of Jeff's newest characters, Achmed the Dead Terrorist, singing a funny-yet-bizarre rendition of "Jingle Bells".

Note: If you are offended or insulted by humor involving skeletal terrorist puppets, bin Laden, or the U.S. armed forces, do not watch this clip. Thank you.

I saw the clip so many times. It's really funny. I hope no muslim here will take this as an offence. I don't see it this way.

Silence! I kiiill you :cmad:

:woot: :grin:

Miserable 'over-serious' poster.

Miserable 'over-serious' poster.
The future is in serious jeopardy when people make racist hate proproganda and pass it off as "entertainment". I dont see the appeal in being a bigot.

Muslims/terrorists/middle-easterns in general, please dont act out or respond over this. I want to personally apologize on behalf of America's lesser half.

The future is in serious jeopardy when people make racist hate proproganda and pass it off as "entertainment". I dont see the appeal in being a bigot.

Muslims/terrorists/middle-easterns in general, please dont act out or respond over this. I want to personally apologize on behalf of America's lesser half.

Get off your soap box. And I'm not even American :o

Since when was there a rule about who can and can not be made fun of?

I'm in it for the coupons and discount Coffee at MacDonalds! :up:

Qwhere do you get off?!?lol

Since when was there a rule about who can and can not be made fun of?

Since Comedy Central would not let the makers of South Park allow Mohammed to appear in a Family Guy spoof. "Either it's all protected speech...or none of it is."

I'm all for making fun of absolutely anyone and everyone as long as it's done creatively and truly funny. This is just....really ham-fisted and obvious in it's attempts to be funny and in the end really isn't all that funny when it comes down to it. It does come off as more of using an opportunity to just bash Muslims than it does doing something unique and truly funny so I can see why some folks are railing against Dunham over it. Whatever floats your boat. I'll just change the channel when crap like this comes on.

jag

My only beef with Jeff's comedy has been in recent years, where he's added a few sex jokes to his act, and used two characters to abuse God's name. He didn't start out that way, so I'm fairly disappointed. But given what passes for "comedy" these days, I'm surprised that Jeff's been able to keep his act as clean as it is. It's not perfect by any means, but it's more respectable than stuff like the recent "sex-ed up spoof" trend.

Muslims/terrorists/middle-easterns in general, please dont act out or respond over this. I want to personally apologize on behalf of

America's lesser half.

Its funny how you call this racism when it's making fun of terrorists , while you on the other hand are grouping terrorists with middle easterns more directly .. I'm sorry if us evil americans have offended any body out there who likes to kill innocent people

Its funny how you call this racism when it's making fun of terrorists , while you on the other hand are grouping terrorists with middle easterns more directly .. I'm sorry if us evil americans have offended any body out there who likes to kill innocent people
Well, lots of middle easterners are terrorists because Um, 'Merica made them that way. Hating terrorists for doing what they do is like planting seeds in a garden, watering and nuturing them and then getting pissed off that they grew into a fruit or whatever. Bush lied about the war in Iraq I hope you know.

I'm about as liberal as one can be, and Jeff is one of my favorite stand-up comedians. If you watch his acts, he really makes sure that everyone on both sides of the coin gets theirs. I suggest that anyone who thought that that was right-wing bias look up his character Bubba J, a beer-swilling souther NASCAR fan, ripe with right wing stereotypes.

EDIT: I will say that this bit is a little more desperate to be laughed at then most of his humor, but that's what happens when you introduce something new, especially when it's an entirely new character. The reason his two oldest characters (Peanut and Walter) are so funny is because he has had over a decade to get their humor down to a science. Achmed has been around for less than a year, and the mere fact that this is an unofficial YouTube video should show that this was not meant to be seen by the public at large. It was either an early version of the joke, or, and this is much more likely, it was just filler for that particular gig.

As for what we can and can't make fun of, the fact is that if we DON'T laugh at what's going on in the world, we're giving everyone who attacked us exactly what they want.

Also, Comedy Central did not say that South Park could not show Muhammad, that was planned for the episode ahead of time.

The Evolutionist said:
...and the mere fact that this is an unofficial YouTube video should show that this was not meant to be seen by the public at large.
Actually, I recieved an email from Jeff's fan club, directing me to the "Jingle Bombs" clip. So, Jeff clearly intended for it to be seen by a mass audience.

The lines about towel heads and clerks ain't funny as for the rest I take no offence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"