John Byrne's NEXT MEN are back...

TruerToTheCore

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1312/

Genre-defining series returns this December

San Diego, CA (July 24, 2010) - IDW Publishing, a premier publisher of graphic novels and books, and award-winning creator John Byrne, today announced the long-awaited return of Byrne's fan-favorite series, John Byrne's Next Men. Picking up where to series left off in 1995, Byrne and IDW will at last return fans to the world of Project: Next Men.

Debuting in 1991, Byrne's Next Men originally ran for thirty issues and a standalone prequel graphic novel, 2112. Next Men developed an all-new world of superheroes grounded in modern reality. The series quickly became one of the most critically acclaimed runs of Byrne's remarkable career, but ceased publication in 1995 and left fans with a cliffhanger at the end of issue 30. Now, coinciding with the twentieth anniversary of the original first issue, Byrne and IDW invite fans back into the world of the Next Men.

Don't know about "genre-defining"... But it was definitely interesting to read and Byrne knows how to draw.

But do the older fans still care???

:o

Is Next Men really that huge that it has fans demanding it back? I know it was fairly popular at it's time (since Byrne was basically the Geoff Johns of the time), but I didn't think it was remembered all that fondly.

I guess Byrne saw what Claremont was doing by revisiting his old stuff and decided to do the same. It's either that or licensed comics

Last edited:
Next Men was very unique and intriguing. I was one of those fans who didn't want it to end. It's exciting to see the same creator bringing this series back to life 20 years later...even picking up where it left off. Seems like it doesn't happen very often. I can't wait to check this out.

I will check out the first few issues but at these prices, I won't stay long if it's boring.

This is the first I'm hearing of it...and since I have and love the original series, will buy these as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"