John Woo's THE WAR OF THE RED CLIFF!!!

looking fwd to this too bad chow pulled out. been wanting to read the book too.

I've been anticipating this movie for a long time. The history of the Three Kingdoms is something I've been interested in for a while.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. The Battle at Red Cliff is one of the most famous battle in China's history, and the characters are all legendary, so to see them on the big screen will be a real treat to see. If Woo can pull this off, we'd have a Chinese LOTR due to its epic storytelling and amazing battles.

Btw, it's unfortunate that Chow pulled out (and decided to do Dragonball instead *mind boggles*), but Tony Leung is an excellent replacement and I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job.

I didn't see it listed on Fandango. Is it a super limited release?

Movie Trailer: John Woo’s Red Cliff 2

acxtvt.jpg

I watched this movie recently. Thumbs up! My only gripe is that I watched an English dub. If I'd seen more Kurosawa films I could rate this up to his work, but I'll guess that it's good enough. This is obviously better than Troy (2004).

I was about to buy this but I don't know which Region 2 version to get. :huh:

I was about to buy this but I don't know which Region 2 version to get. :huh:

Region 2? That's Japan's area and probably more expensive. What's wrong with an official Hong Kong edition (Region 3)?

This has been bothering me. Does anybody know if there is any disclaimer on any horses that are seen being harmed in the film?

I rather enjoyed it. Saw it with subtitles.

I did too. But was there any disclaimer about the horses? Those attacks looked real.

Lin Chi-Ling is in it too?

36051820.IMG_8500copy.show.jpg

linchiling5it.jpg

36082584.IMG_5619S.jpg

She's in this movie, and she's unbelievably hot. :awesome:

I already saw the movie on import DVD, and I like it alot and I thought it's the best John Woo has done in years. I still wish that Chow Yun Fat did not back out of this movie, even though I like Tony Leung alot and he did a good job (like he always do).

I would have liked Chow Yun Fat to have been Kongming. But that's the way the ball bounces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"